Improvising With Arturia's New Buchla Easel V
While many may be quick to argue that Arturia’s plugin emulation does not compare with the original synth, it’s worth noting that the plugin costs $99 while the original Buchla Music Easel costs nearly $5000. For someone that’s after the sounds of the original with not a lot of money, the Arturia emulation is a perfect option to consider.
Arturia Buchla Easal V Features
- A component-level model of the Buchla Music Easel
- Complex and Modulation oscillators, dual Low Pass Gates, output section with spring reverb modelling
- Modulation sources perfecly reproduced : 5-step Sequencer, Envelope Generator, Pulser
- Semi-modular architecture, color-coded routing and cables
- Enhanced functionalities, synchronizable Pulser and Clock, Oscillators quantization
- Left Hand modulation sources to create multi-point envelopes and LFOs. Add randomness and smoothing to the modulation
- Right Hand step-sequencer module
- Gravity XY modulation source. Control the sound with the movement of a projectile flying among planets and worm holes!
- 10 effects, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Overdrive, Delay, …
- Control on the Vactrol modelling for fast, medium or slow response
- Up to 4 voices of polyphony
- 256 factory presets
The Arturia Buchla Easel V is currently priced at $99 and you can visit the Arturia website to learn more.