ADSR provides a subscription service that allows our members to access video courses (“ADSR content”) streamed over the Internet to certain Internet-connected TVs, computers and other devices (“ADSR ready devices”).
- Enrollment. Your ADSR Enrollment will continue on the same billing cycles i.e. month-to-month, quarterly or annually) until terminated. To use the ADSR service you must have Internet access and an ADSR ready device, and provide a current, valid, accepted method of payment (“Payment Method”). Unless you cancel your enrollment before your, quarterly or annual billing date, you authorize us to charge your next term’s enrollment fee to your Payment Method (see “Cancellation” below). You can find specific details regarding your ADSR Enrollment by visiting our website and clicking on the the “Subscriptions” link under “My Account” at the top of the pages of the ADSR website under your profile name.
- Free Trials
- Your ADSR Enrollment may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your enrollment lasts for 7 days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up and is intended to allow new members to try the service.
- Free trials provide unlimited access to video content during the trial period, they do not provide access to downloadable course files. Course files such as bonus sounds, project files, cheat sheets and other supporting materials can only be downloaded via an account with an active paid enrollment.
- Free trial eligibility is determined by ADSR at its sole discretion and we may limit eligibility to prevent free trial abuse. We reserve the right to revoke the free trial and put your account on hold in the event that we determine that you are not eligible. Members of households with an existing or recent ADSR Enrollment are not eligible. We may use information such as device ID, method of payment, IP address or an account email address used with an existing or recent ADSR Enrollment to determine eligibility. For combinations with other offers, restrictions may apply.
- Service will automatically be cancelled at the end of your free trial period unless you complete a paid enrollment to continue. To view your enrollment price options and end date of your free trial period, visit our website and click the “Subscriptions” link on the “My Account” page.
- Billing Cycle. The enrollment fee for the ADSR service and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged as per your selected package on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis to your Payment Method on the calendar day corresponding to the commencement of the paying portion of your enrolment. In some cases your payment date may change, for example if your Payment Method has not successfully settled or, if your paid enrollment began on a day not contained in a given month. To see your next payment date login to the website and click on the “Subscriptions” link.
- Payment Methods. Once activated you can not change your Payment Method. If you need to do this please contact support at [email protected]. If a payment is not successfully settled, due to expiration, insufficient funds, or otherwise, your access to the service will be suspended. To continue service you will need to reenroll with a valid Payment Method. This may result in a change to your payment dates and the enrolment packages available. For some Payment Methods, the issuer may charge you certain fees, such as foreign transaction fees or other fees relating to the processing of your Payment Method. Local tax charges may vary depending on the Payment Method used. Check with your Payment Method service provider for details.
- Cancellation. You can cancel your ADSR Enrollment at any time. To cancel, sign in to your account, click the “Subscriptions” link under My Account and follow the instructions for cancellation. If you cancel your membership, your account will automatically close at the end of your current billing period.
- Changes to the Price and Service Plans. We may change our service plans and the price of our service from time to time; however, any price changes or changes to our service plans will apply to you no earlier than 30 days following notice to you.
- ADSR Service
- You must be 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your province, territory or country, to become a member of the ADSR service. Minors may only use the service under the supervision of an adult.
- The ADSR service and any content viewed through the service are for your personal and non-commercial use only. During your ADSR Enrollment we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access the ADSR service and view ADSR content. Except for the foregoing limited license, no right, title or interest shall be transferred to you. You agree not to use the service for public performances.
- You may view the ADSR content primarily within the country in which you have established your account and only in geographic locations where we offer our service and have licensed such content. The content that may be available to watch may vary by geographic location and will change from time to time. The number of devices on which you may simultaneously login and watch is limited to two(2).
- ADSR regularly makes changes to the service, including the content library. In addition, we continually test various aspects of our service, including our website, user interfaces, promotional features and availability of ADSR content.
- The quality of the display of the ADSR content may vary from device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location, the bandwidth available through and/or speed of your Internet connection. HD, Ultra HD and HDR availability is subject to your Internet service and device capabilities. Not all content is available in all formats, such as HD, Ultra HD or HDR. Default playback settings on cellular networks exclude HD, Ultra HD and HDR content. The minimum connection speed for SD quality is 0.5 Mbps; however, we recommend a faster connection for improved video quality. A download speed of at least 5.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive HD content (defined as a resolution of 720p or higher). A download speed of at least 25.0 Mbps per stream is recommended to receive Ultra HD (defined as a resolution of 1080p or higher) and HDR content. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. Please check with your Internet provider for information on possible Internet data usage charges. The time it takes to begin watching ADSR content will vary based on a number of factors, including your location, available bandwidth at the time, the content you have selected and the configuration of your ADSR ready device.
- Passwords and Account Access. The member who created the ADSR account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Owner”) has access and control over the ADSR account and the ADSR ready devices that are used to access our service. To maintain control over the account and to prevent anyone from accessing the account (which would include information on viewing history for the account), the Account Owner should maintain control over the ADSR ready devices that are used to access the service and not reveal the password nor details of the Payment Method associated with the account to anyone. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us relating to your account. We can terminate your account or place your account on hold in order to protect you, ADSR or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activity.
- Warranties and Limitations on Liability. The ADSR service is provided “as is” and without warranty or condition. In particular, our service may not be uninterrupted or error-free. You waive all special, indirect and consequential damages against us. These terms will not limit any non-waivable warranties or consumer protection rights that you may be entitled to under the laws of your country of residence.
- Class Action Waiver. WHERE PERMITTED UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AND ADSR AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, where permitted under the applicable law, unless both you and ADSR agree otherwise, the court may not consolidate more than one person’s claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding.
- Unsolicited Materials. ADSR does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for ADSR content and is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas transmitted to ADSR.
- Electronic Communications. We will send you information relating to your account (e.g. payment authorizations, invoices, changes in password or Payment Method, confirmation messages, notices) in electronic form only, for example via emails to your email address provided during registration.