Intuitive and Creative Synth
Concept 2 takes the award-winning Concept synth and supercharges it in exciting and creative ways, making it faster for users to find sounds, and make them their own. Krotos summarizes this powerful plugin as, “simply powerful, yet powerfully simple”
Concept 2 is a powerful, yet simple to use synth plugin, aimed at those who want to make unique and incredible sounds fast.
Concept 2 takes the award-winning Concept synth and supercharges it in exciting and creative ways, making it faster for users to find sounds, make them their own, and Concept 2 is even more satisfying. Krotos summarizes this powerful plugin as, “simply powerful, yet powerfully simple”
Concept 2 is an intuitive and creative soft-synth, that makes the process of creating your own patches fast and inspiring. Concept 2’s flexible synth engine will enable you to create everything from traditional synth sounds to more complex evolving textures and custom sound design elements.
A fresh approach to modulation allows any parameter to be mapped to one of four highly editable multi-mode modulators in the centre of Concept 2’s UI. Choose from a variety of flexible modulation options such as an Envelope/Pitch Follower, an X/Y Capture pad and the unique ‘Tweak It’ customisation system.
- New granular oscillator
- New Advanced shape modulator
- New Over 700 presets. Including artist presets from Roni Size, Richard Devine and Kayla Painter
- New Added and improved impulse responses
- New Workflow improvements
- XY capture
- Audio Input
- Drag and drop modulation routing
- Three effects slots with 10 effects, including; convolution reverb, delay, flanger/chorus, filter, EQ, ring mod, limiter, transient shaper, and compressors
- Modulation System – Explore a new approach to modulation using drag-and-drop. Instantly identify your mappings with clear colour coding and animated visual feedback.
- Tweak It – Get inspired quickly using controllable and assignable customisation system. Create variations of your patch with a single click, with results ranging from musical to complex.
- X/Y Capture – Draw your modulation movements within an X/Y field. Capture patterns for any combination of parameters and sync the results to your project’s tempo. Create unique sounds and melodies in an instant.
- FX Rack – Combine a range of ten high-quality effects, and drag-and-drop any parameter into the modulation system. An innovative convolution reverb is included allowing the use of custom impulse responses.
- Audio Input – Stimulate new ideas by performing and modulating with any input or instrument. Use elements from your mix to create dynamic rhythmical patches, or use the pitch follower to create exciting interactions with existing melodies.
- Formant, 12db High Pass, 12db Low Pass, 24db Bandpass and 12db Bandpass Filter Types – Extend your creative palette with filters that mimic the human voice (Formant) or give you more control over shaping your sound. The new additions to the Ladder Filter (for High Pass, Low Pass and Bandpass) are all equipped with Drive, to push those aggressive synth sounds even further. Remember that these new filter types can also be used in the ‘Filter’ in the FX rack, giving you up to 4 filters run in series or parallel!
- Drag & Drop FX Rack Reordering – Change the routing of your FX on the fly! This is a fantastic way to explore Concept’s in-built FX and can produce some exciting and unexpected results at high speed.
- MIDI Learn – Simply right-click on any parameter and assign it to your MIDI controller from within Concept. MIDI mappings are saved across presets and in your session, improving speed and flexibility of work.
- Active / Inactive States in Oscillator and FX Rack UI’s for Improved Workflow – Any inactive section of the plugin (including all Oscillators and FX) will ‘grey out’, so you can quickly see at a glance what is affecting your sound.
- Light & Dark Mode – Choose your preferred user interface option by toggling between both Light and Dark Modes while you work.
Concept 2 also comes loaded with 700+ diverse presets by:
- Roni Size (Reprazent, Universal)
- Richard Devine Richard Devine (Google, Warp Records)
- Kayla Painter (Brownswood Recordings)
- Dom Ruckspin (Submotion Orchestra, Ninja Tune, EMI)
- Heiroglyphic Being (Mathematics Records)
- Alex Retsis (Native Instruments, Pro Sound Effects, Glitchmachines)
- Jim Stout (Roland, Carma Studio, Beatport Sounds)
- Matteo Milani (Unidentified Sound Object)
- Mac OS X 10.11 or later (64-bit only)
- Mac Intel computer with a minimum of 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 4 GB of RAM
- Windows 10 (64-bit only)
- 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor
- 4 GB of RAM
Plugin Formats (64-bit only):
- VST, VST3, AU, AAX Native
- This product DOES NOT use iLok.
- This product comes with 2 activations.
- This software is a digital download.
- Graphics card capable of running OpenGL 3.3.
- An internet connection is required at the time of activation.
Supported Host Applications:
- Ableton Live 10 and above
- FL Studio 20 and above (Windows only)
- Reason 10 and above
- Pro Tools 11 and above
- Logic Pro X
- Nuendo 8.2.10 or above
- Cubase 10 and above
- Studio One
Please Note: Audio Input is not supported on FL Studio or Studio One.