Using The Akai MPC X With A Modular Synthesizer
In this video from Akai, we learn how the MPC X sampler & sequencer can be used in conjunction with a modular synthesizer via control voltage (CV) connections.
From information provided in the video’s description:
Learn how to set up a CV track, configure the 8 CV outputs, use a MIDI controller with your CV-controllable gear, and record a sequence. We start with a basic “east coast” patch and move on to some more esoteric examples. After all, everyone builds modular systems to suit their own tastes in workflow and sonic goals.
AKAI MPC X Features
- Standalone MPC
- 10.1” full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive bay (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analog control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link over WiFi
- Bluetooth 4.0 Midi Support
You can learn more about the Akai MPC X by visiting the Akai website.