This iOS App Is A Hybrid Bass and Drum Synthesizer
Ruismaker Noir is a new iOS synthesizer that is a combined bass and drum synth that is capable of pulling together some very bold, hard-hitting sounds. Whether you need design some complex-sounding rhythms or sweet-sounding basses or both, Ruismaker Noir will have you covered.
A different kind of drumsynth. Ruismaker Noir presents a hybrid approach between synthesized drums and rhythmic bass sounds – coming together in the fully integrated step sequencer. Throw in a nasty, dirty personality and you get something really new for the iOS platform.
Although Noir has a monophonic synthesis engine, the clever interplay with the sequencer and plethora of pitch/velocity modulation options can make it sound like many different sounds are playing, seamlessly blending into each other.
In the video below, you can hear 4 combined instances of Noir combined with some effects.
Ruismaker Noir Features
- AUv3 (Audio Unit) plugin, with integrated sequencer
- Basic standalone mode for tinkering or preset creation
- Universal; runs on any iDevice with iOS10 or higher
- All parameters accessible via MIDI CC and AU Params
- AU MIDI output from sequencer (requires iOS11+)
- Fullscreen plugin GUI in all compatible hosts
- Modest CPU and resource loads
- Handcrafted in the Netherlands
The Ruismaker Noir rhythm synthesizer is currently priced at $9.99 and is available via the App Store.