Roland Unveils New AX-Edge Keytar
Roland has unveiled the AX-Edge Keytar, a performance synthesizer designed to be played in a standing position with a shoulder strap. The AX-Edge features 49 full-sized keys, 256 note polyphony and offers the ability to change the Edge Blades for further customization.
- Keyboard: 49 keys (with velocity and channel aftertouch)
- Sound Generator: Synth-EX
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 voices (varies according to the sound generator load)
- Parts: 4 parts + Vocoder part
- User Program: 320
- Preset Tone: Over 500
- User Tone: 256
- Part Multi-effects: 79 types
- Part EQ
- Program Multi-effects (IFX): 79 types
- Chorus: 8 types
- Reverb: 6 types
- Master Compressor
- Master EQ
- Other Functions
- Song Player
- MIDI Master Keyboard
- Sound Edit
The AX-Edge Keytar comes with its own AX-Edge editor app that uses Bluetooth MIDI to allow users to take advantage of the keytars various effects and parameters. It also provides And a Tone Remain function that lets players switch sounds without notes or effect tails being cut off prematurely.
You can visit the Roland website to learn more about the AX-Edge Keytar features and specifications.