Native Instruments Unveils MASCHINE MK3
Native Instruments has announced MASCHINE MK3, the third installment to their widely renowned music production machine that introduces a heap of new features and improvements.
- Integrated hardware/software system includes sampler, arranger, mixer, FX, and more
- 8 GB MASCHINE library with samples, one-shots, sliced loops, sampled instruments, presets, patterns, drum kits, and songs
- Includes 25 GB KOMPLETE 11 SELECT library – see opposite for details
- 25 pro-quality studio and creative FX including filter, EQ, delay, reverb and compressor
- 2 high-resolution RGB color displays for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
- 16 large, ultra-sensitive pads make two-handed drumming easy
- Pro-grade, 96 kHz / 24-bit audio interface with 2 x 1⁄4” TRS line outputs, 2 x 1⁄4” TRS line inputs, 1⁄4” dynamic mic input, stereo headphone output, 1 x MIDI In, 1 x MIDI out; 1 x Footswitch
- Touch sensitive knobs for parameter tweaking
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
- Four-directional push encoder for browsing, navigating, adjusting levels and balance
- Powered via USB 2.0 or with the included power supply unit
- Seamless integration with KOMPLETE
- Classic groovebox features including 16 velocity levels, swing, pad link, note repeat, step sequencer, and vintage MPC 60/SP 1200 sampling emulation
- Compatible with all major DAWs (including Ableton Live, Logic Pro, and FL Studio) as a VST or Audio Units plug-in with full multi-core support
In addition to MASCHINE including KOMPLETE 11 SELECT, an assortment of 11 powerful instruments and effects, the MASCHINE software also includes an 8 GB library of sounds, drum kits, multi-sampled instruments, patterns, projects and sliced loops.
Revised Layout In MASCHINE MK3
- 1. All function buttons, group buttons and pads gained in size, still keeping the original dimensions.
- 2. Note Repeat > Extra large, The “17th pad”
- 1. ARRANGER, MIXER, SETTINGS, MACRO, EVENTS, LOCK, PITCH, MOD, PERFORM, NOTES
Revised Hardware Layout
- 1. Function Button Section mirrors inner logic of software (hierarchy: Scene/Pattern/Events etc)
- 2. Event editing now much cleaner via dedicated “Events” button inspired by MST.
- 3. “Tap” button now primary function. Tap can be used now whilst playing!
- 4. 11 buttons more than MK2 but same form factor.
- 1. It contains elements of both traditional keyboard controllers and MASCHINE Jam.
- Pitch Mode: Emulates a traditional Pitch Bend-Wheel
- 2. Modulation Mode: Emulates a traditional Modulation-Wheel
- 3. Perform FX Mode: Access and tweak
- Perform FX directly with the Smart-Strip
- Notes Mode: Strum Chords, Play melodies and basslines using the Smart-Strip
- 1. With MASCHINE MK3’s displays Browsing, Sampling, Pattern creation and editing, sound manipulation, mixing and routing, arranging, file management is possible directly from the hardware
- 2. 100% hardware focused workflow, no need for a computer screen
- 3. MK3 uses an optimized version of the MST displays with higher brightness and contrast, improved viewing angle and lower power consumption
- 1. Capacitive Touch-Encoders allow for improved browsing (tag clouds), pop-up menus and improved automation recording
- 2. Improved Macro Mapping Workflow: Create Macros by simply touching the capacitive encoders. This way complex set-ups are realized blazingly fast!
- 1. Stereo I/O (balanced 6.3 mm)
- 2. MIC Input (unbalanced 6.3mm
- 3. Headphone Output (6.3mm)
- 4. MIDI I/O
- 5. Pedal Input (Footswitch or Expression
- 6. Allows direct sampling of Line and Mic Sources
- 7. Monitoring the main output through headphones and PA and Cueing separate signals through the headphone.
- 8. Individual volume knobs on the rear provide direct access.
- MASSIVE – virtual analog synthesizer
- MONARK – iconic mono synth
- THE GENTLEMAN – classic upright piano
- DRUMLAB – sampled / synthesized percussion
- REAKTOR PRISM – polyphonic synthesizer
- SCARBEE MARK 1 – electric piano
- RETRO MACHINES – 20+ legendary vintage synths
- VINTAGE ORGANS – sampled classic organs
- WEST AFRICA – percussion library
- SOLID BUS COMP – powerful compressor REPLIKA – pro-quality delay
- Mac OS X 10.11 or macOS 10.12 (latest update)
- Windows 7, 8, or 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit) • Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- USB 2.0 or higher
MASCHINE MK3 will be priced at $599 and you can visit the Native Instruments website to learn more.