Moog IIIp Synthesizer Demo Featuring M83
In this video from Moog featuring Anthony Gonzalez and Joe Berry of M83, we get a glimpse of the Moog IIIp modular synthesizer, a remake of the original synthesizer released in the late 1960s.
Only 40 IIIp synthesizers will be made, each being priced at $35,000. What would you rather have – a nice car or the IIIp? The answer should be obvious, and that is a freakin’ awesome synthesizer that will never depreciate (if you can afford it)!
- Entire system recreated using original documentation, circuit board and art files and traditional manufacturing techniques.
- 37 hand-stuffed, hand-soldered modules custom mounted and hand-wired in three solid wood, tolex-wrapped cabinets.
- 10x discrete 901 series oscillators (Coveted for their organic sound. Not found in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- 905 Spring Reverb module (Expands the character of any sound into enchanting, piano-like trails. Not found in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- 4x CP3 mixers (These are tonally similar to the mixer found in the Model 15. Not found in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- 984 4-channel Matrix Mixer (Designed for parallel processing, complete with dedicated controls for Bass and Treble. Not found in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- 100% discrete design (There are absolutely no op-amps. Not the case in the Model 15, System 35 or System 55)
- Only 40 Moog Synthesizer IIIp will be handcrafted and sold worldwide
- IMPORTANT NOTE: A new Synthesizer IIIp is built exactly as the originals. It also behaves exactly as the originals, which means tuning instability and susceptibility to interference is inherent to the design.
Moog IIIp Modules
- 1x 901 Voltage Controlled Oscillator
- 3x 901A Oscillator Controllers
- 9x 901B Oscillators
- 3x 902 Voltage Controlled Amplifiers
- 1x 903A Random Signal Generator
- 1x 904A Voltage Controlled Lowpass Filter
- 1x 904B Voltage Controlled Highpass Filter
- 1x 904C Filter Coupler
- 1x 905 Reverberation Unit
- 3x 911 Envelope Generators
- 1x 911A Dual Trigger Delay
- 1x 912 Envelope Follower
- 1x 914 Extended Range Fixed Filter Bank
- 1x 984 Four Channel Mixer
- 1x 991 Lowpass and Highpass Filter with Attenuator
- 1x 992 Control Voltage/Attenuator Panel
- 1x 993 Trigger & Envelope Voltages Panel
- 1x 994 Multiples Panel
- 4x Console Panel No. 3, each including:
- 4-input mixer with + and – outputs
- 2 Trunklines
- Control Voltage Switches
- Master Volume
- Click Filter
- 1x Console Panel No. 1 including:
- 3 Control Voltage and Trigger Outputs
- 1x Console Panel No. 9 including
- Power Switch
- Pilot Lamp
- Fuse Holders
- 1x 350 Watt 120 VAC or 230 VAC Switch Selectable Power Supply
The Moog IIIp is priced at $35,000 and you can visit the Moog website to learn more about the beastly modular synthesizer.