Overview Of The Moog DFAM Percussion Synthesizer
In this video from CTRL MOD, we get an overview and sound demonstration of the new Moog DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother), a semi-modular percussion synthesizer that was introduced earlier this year. You can check out part two here.
- SOUND ENGINE: Analog
- ANALOG SEQUENCER: 8-Steps With Pitch and Velocity Per-Step
- SEQUENCER PANEL CONTROLS: Tempo, Run/Stop, Trigger, Advance
- SOUND SOURCES: 2 Oscillators With Square and Triangle Waveforms, 1 White Noise Generator, 1 External Audio Input
- FREQUENCY CONTROL: +/- 5 Octaves (10 Octave Range)
- MIXER: Level controls for Oscillator 1, Oscillator 2 and White Noise/External Audio Input
- FILTER: 20Hz-20KHz Switchable Low Pass / High Pass 4-Pole Transistor Ladder Filter
- ENVELOPES: VCO EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Bipolar Amount Control, VCF EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Bipolar Amount Control, VCA EG w/ Voltage Controlled Decay and Selectable Fast/Slow Attack Time
- PATCHBAY: 24x 3.5mm Jacks
- PATCHBAY INPUTS: Trigger, VCA CV, Velocity, VCA Decay, External Audio, VCF Decay, Noise Level, VCO Decay, VCF Mod, VCO 1 CV, 1→2 FM Amount, VCO 2 CV, Tempo, Run/Stop, Advance/Clock.
- PATCHBAY OUTPUTS: VCA, VCA EG, VCF EG, VCO EG, VCO 1, VCO 2, Trigger, Velocity, Pitch.
- AUDIO OUTPUT: ¼” TS Line / ¼” TRS Headphones (Shared Output Jack)
- INCLUDED POWER SUPPLY: 100-240VAC; 50-60Hz, +12VDC 1200mA
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 3.0W
- EURORACK CURRENT DRAW: 230mA (+12V – from 10-pin header)
- EURORACK MOUNTING DIMENSIONS: 60HP (1”/26mm Module Depth)
- WEIGHT: 3.5lbs
- DIMENSIONS: 12.57”W x 4.21“H (with knobs) x 5.24“D
As you can hear from the demo, the Moog DFAM has an incredibly wide sonic range, capable of producing meaty bass sounds to subtle rhythmic textures. The drum synth is currently priced at $679.00 and you can visit the Moog website to learn more.