Korg Revives Vintage Mono/Poly Synth In New iOS App
Korg has reintroduced their classic 4VCO synthesizer Mono/Poly synth in iMono/Poly, an iOS app that recreates the sound and performance of the original Mono/Poly synth that first appeared in 1981.
You can watch a brief demo of iMono/Poly in the video below.
- Deep 4VCO sound. A complete reproduction of the classic Mono/Poly
- The Mono/Poly synthesizer featured four VCOs, a dedicated envelope generator for the VCF, and also sync and cross-modulation, earning it a reputation for its detailed sound-shaping potential and its distinctive character.
- Powerful virtual patches, and the latest presets to catch the scene
- Eight virtual patches provide the ultimate expansion of the Mono/Poly’s distinctive sound-design potential. Two multi-effect units are also provided, allowing you to create complex and broad-ranging sounds with complete freedom.
- Quick access to all panels
- Although iMono/Poly provides a vast number of parameters, it’s designed with a screen structure that provides quick and seamless access to all of them. With a single tap, you can rotate between the main synth & key assign screen and the virtual patch & effect screen. There’s no need to open individual screens for specific functions, or to move back and forth between them.
- Produce music in conjunction with KORG Gadget
- iMono/Poly can be used in conjunction with “KORG Gadget,” the music production DAW app that has won numerous prizes within Japan and around the world. When you install both apps, iMono/Poly appears as the “Montpellier” gadget within KORG Gadget.
The KORG iMono/Poly, compatible with iPhone and iPad, is available in the App Store for $19.99