FLASH Is A MIDI-Powered FM Synthesizer That Fits In Your Pocket
H-Pi Instruments has released FLASH, a miniature MIDI-powered polyphonic and microtonal FM synthesizer that requires no power supply and fits in your pocket. All you have to do is plug FLASH into a standard MIDI OUT port and you’re ready to play.
FLASH features unlimited dynamic General MIDI microtuning for ease-of-use with 16-channel polyphonic tuned output from TBX2, TBX1, and Tonal Plexus TPX keyboards, and also features a mini UART-programmer which allows you to assign unique microtonal tuning tables to each of 16 MIDI input channels for full microtonal output compatibility with literally thousands of standard MIDI controllers as well as multichannel controllers like MIDI guitars and MIDI organs without a tuning device, not to mention advanced 2048 unique-pitch-output for the Tonal Plexus and other microtonal controllers like the Microzone, Axis 64, and Terpstra keyboards. Of course you can also use it as a normal synth with normal tuning … if you’re into that sort of thing.
- Unlimited pitch General MIDI microtuning up to 16 voices polyphony
- NOTE: The MIDI Manufacturer’s Association has now officially recognized this method of microtuning, calling it MPE.
- 16 full range programmable tunings of 128 notes each = 2048 programmable fixed pitches
- voluntary pitch bending from retuned fixed-pitch centres
- Largest tuning error ~ 0.006 cents
- FM synthesis engine designed by mitxela
- Controllable via MIDI CCs
- (… details to follow)
- Voice Modes
- POLY: 16 voices, one oscillator per voice, mono LR audio output
- POLY-STEREO: 8 voices, one oscillator per voice, stereo audio output
- MONO: 1 voice, 16 oscillators layered, mono LR audio output
- Inputs and Outputs
- MIDI DIN input (for MIDI and power)
- 3,5 mm stereo headphones audio output
- Designed in the UK by mitxela
- Assembled in Bulgaria
- Synth main housing made in Germany by Lumberg GmbH, Nickel-plated Zinc Alloy 50 x 14 x 14 mm
- UART-programmer housing – Aluminium (2mm thick) 50 x 25 x 25 mm, hand made in Germany
Pricing and Availability
FLASH is now available for pre-order at the discounted price of 129€ (159€ afterward) and you can visit the H-Pi Instruments website to learn more.