Skwitch Is A One-Button Music Making Gadget for iOS
Skwitch is a new one-button music-making gadget & app for the iPhone that, with its onboard sensors, allows for an instrument that is responsive, expressive and amazingly versatile. By utilizing the iPhone, Skwitch becomes a feature-packed expressive music controller with a powerful audio engine, built-in Bluetooth MIDI, stereo loudspeakers & high-quality touchscreen display.
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL HARDWARE CONTROLLER: The Skwitch Music app lets you connect to other devices using Bluetooth MIDI so that you can use Skwitch as a wireless hardware controller for apps, DAWs and plugins. With separate MPE, modulation and fx control modes, it’s easy to create a fully customised hardware-software setup.
- REAL-TIME STEP SEQUENCER & ARPEGGIATOR: With note by note playback and simple sequence editing you can use Skwitch as a real-time step-sequencer, where you control the timing, duration and expression of every note or chord. Turn on the arpeggiator to play automated note sequences with pressure-mapped rate and expression.
- ADD EXPRESSION WITH MPE: Skwitch turns your iPhone into a highly responsive MPE controller. The soft, squeezable button gives you full expressive control of attack, channel pressure, timbre and release. Use with multiple playing areas to add pitch-bend between notes and chords by changing how you squeeze the button.
- MAPPABLE MODULATION: Connect to your favourite DAW or plugin on iPad or Mac and use Skwitch side by side with any standard keyboard controller. Add modulation, pitch-bend and channel pressure to your performances, or use as a multi-channel mappable controller for total flexibility.
- MUSICAL SCRATCHPAD: Use the Skwitch Music app like a musical scratchpad. Just add and drag notes around till you create something you like then roll with it. It’s great for sparking and capturing ideas when you are out and about, and it’s a quick and brilliantly easy way to lay down bass lines or expressive melodies in your DAW.
Pricing and Availability
The Skwitch and accompanying iOS app will cost $50 and will be shipped out this month (October). You can visit the Indiegogo page to learn more.
Next: ROLI Announces BLOCKS Studio Editions, New Desktop Software Suite