djay Pro 2 For Mac Uses Artificial Intelligence To Mix Tracks
Algoriddim has unveiled djay Pro 2 for Mac, an update to its DJ software that, among many improvements, introduces an artificial intelligence algorithm (Automix AI mode) that can seamlessly mix tracks together without help from the user.
- djay Pro 2 introduces library editing features that make music management easier than ever. Create your own custom playlists using songs from iTunes, Spotify, and the file system.
- Split Mode – In library split mode, you can view your songs from iTunes, Spotify, and Finder side by side. This allows you to manage songs from multiple sources in parallel and with unprecedented efficiency and flexibility.
- Smart Filters and Playlists – To help you organize playlists and quickly locate songs, djay Pro 2 includes a powerful Smart Filter. With 12 different criteria, you can create rules that display what you need, either to create permanent playlists, or to temporarily find a specific song.
- Single Deck Mode – In this track preparation view, you are presented with an even bigger library and a large single deck view, ideal for preparing cue points, loops, and beat grids.
- djay Pro is the first DJ software that integrates with Spotify, giving you instant access to millions of songs. Spotify integration in djay includes all of your existing playlists, starred and saved songs, powerful search capabilities, charts, browse, and Match for intelligent song recommendations.
- Automix AI – Using machine learning and training sets from human DJs, Automix AI intelligently identifies rhythmic patterns and the best intro and outro sections of songs. Automix AI calculates optimal fade durations and automatically applies parameter changes to EQs and filters for a seamless transition.
- PhotoBeat – You can simply drag an album or a selection of photos onto the visual decks and djay Pro 2 instantly creates a beat-matched slideshow based on the music that is playing. You can also apply effects to your photos in just the same way as video, as well project the visual output via an external monitor through HDMI or AirPlay.
- Saved Loops and Cue Points – djay Pro 2 allows you to save up to 8 loops and cue points. You can now also assign names to all your saved loops and cue points.
- New Audio Engine – djay Pro 2 offers low latency, better speed and accuracy with track analysis and the creation of the highest resolution waveforms. Effects, EQs, filters and loops all benefit from major quality enhancements.
- Post-fader FX – Audio effects have been significantly improved in djay Pro 2. Effects can now be assigned post fader so that closing a fader no longer means shutting off effects tails.
- Keyboard Shortcut Editor – djay Pro 2 includes a full keyboard editor which allows you to assign any feature in djay Pro 2 to a custom keyboard shortcut. This is especially useful if you work with a laptop and want to add frequently used features to your setup via the keyboard.
The video below provides a demonstration of many of the new features introduced in djay Pro 2, including its AI integration with Spotify, beat-matched photo visualization, and new user interface.
- Cue Points and Loop saving: save and name up to 8 cue points and loops per song
- Cue Loops: assign loop triggers to cue points
- Split library: view iTunes, Spotify, Finder, and custom playlists side by side
- Single Deck mode: preparation view with a bigger library, ideal for preparing sets
- Smart Filters: instantly filter your playlists by BPM, key, date, genre and other metadata
- New audio engine: high-res waveforms, post-fader FX, high-quality filters, extensible master output effects via Audio Unit plug-ins