Buzzzy! Is A Digital Polysynth That Brings 4 Synth Engines
Buzzzy! is a new digital polysynth that has launched on Kickstarter. Buzzzy! is a 16 voice / 4 part digital USB & MIDI module with 4 synthesis engines and quality built-in effects.
Despite it’s simple appearance, Buzzzy! is an advanced 16 voice polysynth capable of a broad and beautiful range of tones. It is fast and immediate, ideal for use onstage and for instant music production.
- Pulse produces waveforms with very sharp edges. It generates the square waves, thinner pulses, the alternative pulses (with richer bass content).
- FM creates softer waveforms based on traditional linear phase modulation. It generates classic, round or distorted FM tones, using sinus, triangle or saw-tooth waves as both carrier and modulator.
- Wave provides low resolution waveforms, as played directly from an external ROM chip, like in some early sound generators.
- Noise produces in-harmonic waves using a pseudo colored noise source with different filtering options (LP and BP) and at different sampling rates. Pitched noises are also available.
- Offers 3 reverberation-like algorithms
- “Fort” is an adjustable empty room. “Reservoir” is an heavily modulated room. “Abyss” is huge space with a very long tail.
- Offers 3 delay-like algorithms:
- “Mono” is an adjustable mono delay or comb filter. “Ping-pong” is an adjustable stereo delay or resonator. “Chorus / Flanger” is a stereo chorus with adjustable feedback and modulation amount.
- The filter is a traditional 4 poles (24dB / octave) multi-mode (LP / BP / HP) filter with internal saturation. It has controllable cutoff and resonance parameters.
Pricing and Availability
Buzzzy! will cost 196€ and will begin shipping September 2019. You can visit the Kickstarter to learn more.