Beat Box Machine Featuring Safety Pins, Lightbulbs, Wires And More
In this video from Norway-based artist Koka Nikoladze, we watch a demo of his Beat Machine No. 4, an electroacoustic beat box made with contact microphones, random objects on top of them and analog voltmeter needles physically hitting the objects
From information provided in the video’s description, we learn that the beat machine includes:
- 1. A spring extracted from an oversized pen;
- 2. A steel wire extracted from a toaster with a plastic tube;
- 3. A painkiller pill – Morphine (snare drum);
- 4. A bent broken guitar string;
- 5. A shattered light bulb from our kitchen;
- 6. A safety pin from our blanket;
- 7. Some broken electronic components (leftovers);
- 8. A plastic strip of SMD resistors from garbage.
You can visit Nikoladze’s Vimeo page to check out more of his interesting sound projects and compositions.