Kymatica Sector (iOS/iPAD)
Kymatica Sector is a stochastic sample slice sequencer for iOS / iPad that lets you give a full new life to audio samples.
You can sequence how the application will play slices of audio or add randomness and loose yourself into some chaotic extremes.
If you’re into glitchy IDM electronic music, this app could soon become one of your favorites.
Let’s have a deeper look…
Slice and sequence your loops with a matrix of markov-chain connections. Introduce order with the probability-based coin-flipping pattern sequencer. Bend time with warp functions for glitches and modulations. Tweak and trigger in real time performance. Get anything between rigid control and random chaos.
Proud winner of a 2015 Electronic Musician Editors’ Choice Award!
– Unique probability-matrix sample slice sequencer
– Classic pattern step-sequencer for absolute control
– Time-warping transfer functions for various effects
– Includes high-quality loops by Richard Devine, Sonic Mayhem, Arovane, Alex Matheu and Sunsine Audio
– Import custom loops from other apps, AudioShare, Pasteboard or using iTunes FileSharing
– Stream audio to other apps in Audiobus or Inter-App Audio
– Record and export the results as perfectly synchronized loops
– Audiobus state saving
The recent 1.1 update brings many new features :
Audiobus Remote triggers
– MIDI Control to trigger sectors or switch between memory slots
– MIDI Clock Slave mode
– Listen to MIDI Machine Control start/stop messages
– New special silent WRP shape to mute sectors or add rests
– Design tweaks for WRP page
– IAA app switcher on iOS8
– New Sync Settings menu page with Follow IAA Host settings
– Allow turning off IAA clock sync for broken hosts
– Include WRP reverse toggle in randomisation
– Bugfixes and tweaks
Kymatica Sector is available at iTunes :