Tape Spatializer Utility Plugin
Luxor is the key if you want an instrument to stand out and spread in the mix. We noticed however that Luxor performs incredibly well on trance music as it adds a layer of airiness. Luxor performs also great on rolling basses as it makes them standing out.
Luxor is the key if you want an instrument to stand out and spread in the mix.
It will scoop your high frequencies to the edge of the stereo field using a sidechained haas effect, while the mid-highs will be made bright with a in-house tape distortion algorithm. The resulting signals will be glued together using an adaptative broadband compression.
Luxor can be used from 10-20% to 80-100% wet, whether you want to unleash the power of a lead, or to gently highlight a pad.
A broad range of controls are here to help you tailor the sound you need:
- Dry Wet allows you to blend the original signal with the one at the end of the processing chain, while Out Gain controls the output volume.
- Width controls the intensity of the haas effect on the upper-end of the spectrum.
- Character sets the amount of tape coloration and broadband compression.
- Color changes slightly the cutoff frequency of the Linqwitz-Riley fitlers used to split the spectrum into different bands which will be processed with different parameters.
This plugin is NOT compatible with Logic.
VST2, VST3, AU
- Compatible with all OS except NOT compatible with Apple Silicon
- Refunds not provided for Apple Silicon related issues
- Windows 10
- VST, VST3 Compatible
- Windows 7, 8 VST, VST3 Untested
It is meant to be used as a plugin inside a digital audio workstation.