Whirl is a barber-pole phaser. Whirl features up to three fully synchronized barber-pole phaser stages: this allows you to control how gentle or dramatic the effect is.
Whirl is a barber-pole phaser.
It is based on a Bode frequency shifter model with a feedback line, an algorithm which creates unique spectrum peaks and notches that move upwards or downwards in a seemingly endless fashion – with one spectrum sweep smoothly morphing into the next one, like an audible illusion.
Whirl features up to three fully synchronized barber-pole phaser stages: this allows you to control how gentle or dramatic the effect is.
At its most extreme settings, Whirl is capable of deeply resonant filtering: it almost individually suppresses and accentuates different frequency harmonics.
By design, the spectrum sweep frequency is bipolar – and can go from downwards to upwards motion and back completely seamlessly.
Please Note: MAC Only software
- Barber-pole phaser based on Bode frequency shifter, with up to three sequential stages and progressive feedback
- Variable stereo phase offset
- Lag filters on all continuous parameters for smooth, click-free adjustment
- Supports mono › mono, mono › stereo, and stereo › stereo channel configurations
- Color-coded graphic elements
- Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation
- Built-in preset management functions
- Supports window size scaling up to 200%
- Mac computer running macOS 10.9 or later, with either Intel or Apple processor
- Host application with support for AU or VST3 effect plugins in 64-bit format
- Now compatible with AAX