Create Shimmer Reverb Effects
Luminance is a plugin for creating “shimmer reverb” effects - unreal acoustic space simulations which gradually pitch-shift the reverberation tail upwards or downwards.
Important Notes This software is Mac compatible only (VST3 & Audio Units) and will not function on PC computers.
Luminance is a plugin for creating “shimmer reverb” effects – unreal acoustic space simulations which gradually pitch-shift the reverberation tail upwards or downwards. It is a novel take on this highly coveted effect, based on a modern feedback delay network design with a built-in granular pitch shifter, and featuring many original tricks such as alternating-phase time scale modulation.
Thanks to the unique, meticulously executed tuning of its individual components, Luminance possesses a fresh and highly musical character: it smoothly follows the original melodic content and creates a gorgeously beautiful background sound layer reminiscent of a dreamy symphony of strings or pipe organs – with organic depth and expansive stereo field.
- Reverb engine based on 8×8 feedback delay network with spline interpolation and smoothly variable time scale
- Granular pitch shifter and two-pole low-pass filter for shimmer effect shaping
- Sine generator for time scale modulation, with unique alternating-polarity routing
- Additional pre-delay stage
- Lag filters on all continuous parameters for smooth, click-free adjustment
- Supports mono › mono, mono › stereo, and stereo › stereo channel configurations
- Colour-coded graphic elements
- Consistent name, mapping, value, and unit implemented for all parameters in both graphic user interface and host control/automation
- Built-in preset management functions
- Supports window size scaling up to 200%
- macOS 10.9 or later (Intel or M1 Apple Silicon processor)
- Host application with support for AU, VST3 or AAX effect plugins in 64-bit format