This processing tool will improve the drum performances, stabilize drum hit levels, remove leakage and ambience and let you control the drum hits better than you ever could with traditional tools.
MDrumLeveler is a unique tool specially designed for drums and percussive materials. It will improve the drum performances, stabilize drum hit levels, remove leakage and ambience and let you control the drum hits better than you ever could with traditional tools.
Truly Transparent Event-Based Processing
Traditional dynamic processors (compressors, expanders, gates…) detect levels of input samples and transform them depending on the transfer curve. This means that the gain is changing on every sample. This can be very well used to shape the sound itself, but it is hard to make it transparent if you want to level individual drum hits. MDrumLeveler on the other hand analyzes the incoming audio, detects events (drum hits for example) in it and transforms them somehow. That way it adjusts the level of each event, but does not alter the actual sound or color, so the results are unbelievably transparent.
Improves Drum Performances
No drummer’s performance is perfect, each hit has a different velocity, and difference in levels are even exaggerated by the recording equipment. But there is a very high standard for perfectness in performances for most modern styles. Vocalists regularly use automatic tuner, drummers have MDrumLeveler now. It can even out drum hit levels, so the performance will just sound perfect even if it, well, is not.
Removes Leakage and Ambience
Traditionally you use gates to attenuate the audio in between separate hits in order to remove ambience and leakage from other instruments. That is necessary for modern tight mixes and very hard to accomplish with standard tools. MDrumLeveler can do it with unbelievable ease and provides unbelievable results thanks to the advanced event-based processing.
Drum Envelope Shaping
MDrumLeveler lets you shape the envelope of each drum hit. Whether you want a longer body or faster release, it is no problem for MDrumLeveler. And you don’t need to spend hours experimenting, MDrumLeveler gives you a direct control of these parameters.
Adjustable to Any Audio Material
Drum recordings are rarely flawless, usually contain lots of leakage, ambience, artifacts… MDrumLeveler’s event detector is highly adjustable. Among other settings, you can use 2 parallel resonant band-pass filters to target the dominant frequencies of the drum you are interested in.
Can Be Used Live
MDrumLeveler’s job cannot be done without looking “into the future”. By default it looks 20ms ahead, which provides 100% accuracy for all standard drums. But you can get much lower – in most cases look-ahead below 5ms still works perfectly, good enough for using it live. MDrumLeveler can know how hard you hit the drum just a few milliseconds after you do that.
The Most Advanced User Interface on the Market – Stylable, Resizable, GPU Accelerated
- Modern user interfaces must not only be easy and quick to use, but also versatile and the whole visual appearance should inspire you. MDrumLeveler features the most advanced GUI engine on the market. It is still the first and only GUI engine, which is freely resizable and stylable. It also lets you choose between knobs, sliders or buttons, whichever you like the most.
- The plugin can look as an ancient vintage gear, if you are working on old-school rock music. Or as super-modern futuristic device if you are working on modern electronic music.
- If your display doesn’t have a high resolution, you can make the plugin smaller. If the fonts are too small, you can make the plugin bigger and save your eyes.
- All the graphics is accelerated using your GPU, graphical interface, providing ultimately quick response and keep your CPU focused on the audio.
Unique Visualisation Engine with Classic Meters and Time Graphs
- Your ears should always be the main judge, but a smart metering system can often be a huge help. MDrumLeveler provides the most advanced metering system out there. The plugin can display the measurements of all relevant values using classic meters, or it can even show them in time using the time graphs. Everything is customisable as usual.Modulators
- MDrumLeveler provides 4 fully-featured modulators which can control any set of parameters including other modulators. Each modulator works as an LFO, level follower, midi/audio triggered ADSR enveloper, randomiser or pitch detector, or even a combination and can listen to the plugin’s side-chain.
- You can make the sound move in time, be less static and more interesting. You can make various parameters depend on the input (or the sidechain) level or even listen to the input pitch.
M/S, Single Channel, Up to 8 Channels Surround Processing…
- MDrumLeveler lets you control multiple parameters using a single so-called multiparameter. This may not only come handy for automation for example, but the multiparameters are very smart units and you can use them to smartly morph between banks of settings for example. All in the name of creativity!
Automatic Gain Compensation (AGC)
- Most plugins change loudness of the output audio, which makes browsing presets inconvenient, not mentioning randomisation. MDrumLeveler includes automatic gain compensation, which quickly adapts to current settings and ensures the output sounds as loud as the input. This even protects you from thinking that something sounds better in cases it is just louder.
- Some plugins can intensely increase gain when exposed to specific audio materials. MDrumLeveler provides a safety brick wall limiter, which ensures the output stays below 0dB and prevents your equipment and your ears from potential danger automatically.
Adjustable Up-Sampling 1x-16x
- Digital audio provides very superior audio quality compared to ancient analog gear, but there are problems too. The main problem is the aliasing, which may be noticeable, when using nonlinear processes such as compression or saturation. MDrumLeveler includes both minimum-phase and high-quality linear-phase upsampling algorithms, which avoids the aliasing.
MIDI Controllers with MIDI Learn
- MDrumLeveler contains a powerful MIDI processor, which listen to MIDI controllers and MIDI keyboard and control any parameters realtime.
64-bit Processing and an Unlimited Sampling Rate
- MDrumLeveler provides the maximum audio quality you can get. It uses 64-bit audio processing and can handle any sampling rate. It does not make much sense to go over 192kHz, but if you think it is a good idea, the plugin can do that.
Extremely Fast, Optimised for Newest AVX Capable Processors
- Computers are now extremely fast, but the algorithms are more complex and projects bigger, so we still need to use the processing power with care. MDrumLeveler uses the fastest algorithms, takes advantage of the newest processor capabilities, lets your GPU handle the graphics, and shares the resources with other MeldaProduction plugins. The plugin is among the fastest on the market, yet it provides the best possible audio quality.
Global Preset Management and Online Preset Exchange
- MDrumLeveler presets are carefully stored in a system database and you can quickly access them from any project in any host. The plugin can automatically share your presets and download presets of other users from our servers. We are building a community and you can be a part of it!
Supports VST, VST3, AU and AAX Interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit
- MDrumLeveler supports all major hosts on both platforms. Check system requirements for information about compatibility and installation.
No Dongle nor Internet Access is Required for Activation
- How many times did you forget your USB dongle? We are an honest company and expect the same from our customers. Our software uses licence files to activate your software. And the licences are to-person, so you can use it on all your computers as long as you are the user.
- When you buy the software you are entitled to free updates, forever. No more money wasted on major upgrades like it is with other companies. And we upgrade our software a lot!
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- VST / VST3 / AAX compatible host (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support
- Always use 32-bit plugins in 32-bit hosts, or 64-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts!
64-bit plugins can’t work in 32-bit hosts even if the operating system is 64-bit. Do NOT use 32-bit plugins in 64-bit hosts. They would have to be bridged and can become slow and unstable
- Mac OS X (10.7 and newer, 32-bit or 64-bit)
- VST / VST3 / AU / AAX compatible host (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel/AMD processor with SSE2 support
AU note: in some hosts, the GUI is not shown for the first time, if so, then please just restart the host.