Classic AD/DA Converter
Meet the RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter, Inphonik's first effect plug-in, designed to perfectly mimic the whole AD/DA conversion process of the Akai S950 in order to give your music this vintage, warm and crunchy sound with the ease & flexibility of a VST.
Legendary Grit and Crunch
Meet the RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter, Inphonik’s first effect plug-in, designed to perfectly mimic the whole AD/DA conversion process of the Akai S950 in order to give your music this vintage, warm and crunchy sound with the ease & flexibility of a VST.
- Legendary 12-bit resolution
- Perfect modelling of the S950’s audio signal path
- Adjustable audio bandwidth (and thus sampling frequency)
- Original steep 6th-order low-pass Butterworth filter
- Stereo or mono operation
- Low CPU consumption
- Adjustable brilliance setting (high frequency response)
- Graphical interface scaling options (from 1x to 2.5x)
- Parameter value keyboard typing on double-click
- NKS Support
- Important Note: This product no longer has 32-bit support for all platforms.
Dead Simple Controls for a Killer Sound
- Input Gain: Makes your sound loud ’n proud with the S950’s unique grit and warm distortion. It is powerful and will help anything stand out in your mix.
- Audio Bandwidth: Controls the target sample rate and analog-to-digital conversion circuitry with an exquisite, yet remarkably subtle, aliasing effect.
- Filter: Controls the S950’s infamous steep low-pass filter. Use it on separate elements, or on any output bus or master section.
- Brilliance: Adjust the Audio Bandwidth’s high frequency response with the Brilliance knob (in Settings/Back panel).
In the Beginning
The Akai S950, one of the most famous samplers from the 80s, is largely praised for its legendary sound. Many consider the 12-bit grit and crunch still unmatched today. But the 12-bit resolution is not all. For over a year, Inphonik studied every bit of this studio gear masterpiece to bring back its unique character to your modern DAW with the RX950.
Important Note: This product no longer has 32-bit support for all platforms.
- macOS 10.7 and higher (64-bit only)
- VST 2 / VST 3 / AU / AAX
- Vista and higher
- VST 2 / VST 3 / AAX