FabFilter Volcano 3
Erupting with character and vintage quality
Nothing beats a vintage sounding, gritty and creamy cut-off filter. Volcano 3 delivers the best in creative filtering with new non-linear filter shapes and a completely redesigned interface that is an absolute delight to work with.
Erupting with Character and Vintage Quality
FabFilter is proud to announce Volcano 3, the latest version of its award-winning filter plugin. Volcano 3 sees the introduction of a completely reimagined interface, a raft of new vintage-style filter shapes, per-filter saturation control, full visualization of modulation sources and targets, and much more. With its smooth workflow, no-limits flexibility and dazzlingly authentic analogue sound, it’s the first-call plugin for creative filtering.
Beautiful New Interface and Improved Workflow
FabFilter has redesigned Volcano 3 from the ground up to make it more intuitive and immediate, while at the same time introducing a wealth of new features, and dramatically improving visualization of audio and modulation signals. The new filter display speeds up workflow with the selection of multiple filters at once and presents a unified response curve with stereo separation, as well as a high-resolution spectrum display.
Characterful New Filters
The beating heart of Volcano is, of course, its bank of four analogue-modelled filters. Expanding on the already-established High-, Low- and Band-Pass types, Volcano 3 more than doubles the options with the addition of vintage-style Bell, High/Low Shelf, Notch and All-Pass modes.
And Much More…
Beyond its stunning redesigned interface and versatile new filter types, Volcano 3 is erupting with useful new functional additions, refinements and tweaks. Many of these are to be found in the modulation section, such as adjustable Attack, Decay and Release curves for the Envelope Generator, a transient detection mode for the Envelope Follower, and the new Slider: a vertical-only variant on the XY Controller.
- Fully redesigned, highly simplified interface, with an easier workflow, including a new design of modulation sources and floating slot panel.
- Vintage-sounding EQ-type filter shapes with the internal drive and non-linearities: bell, low/high shelf, notch and all-pass.
- Ultra-flexible filter routing, including per-channel and mid/side modes.
- Various interface sizes and full-screen mode.
- Endless modulation options, with all the 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers, envelope generators, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need.
- Drive setting per filter, adjusting the internal filter saturation, which allows for much more variety in sound and smoothness.
- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources.
- High-Quality option, enabling maximum internal oversampling for the best results.
- Level/Pan per filter, which is especially useful when using parallel filter routings.
- 6 dB/oct filter slope option.
- Stereo and mono plugins available.
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features.
- Carefully designed and curated factory presets, plus support for earlier Timeless presets.
- Large interactive filter display with optional piano display.
- Interactive MIDI Learn.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats.
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 or Vista
- 64-bit or 32-bit
- VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- macOS 10.12 or higher (64-bit only)
- AU or VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools
- Apple Silicon or Intel processor