Multi-Tap Delay Effect
UltraTap is a unique multi-tap effect capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells and extraordinary modulation. It’s the perfect tool for creating drum fills, vocal choruses, swelling guitar chords and other evolving effects.
UltraTap is a unique multi-tap effect capable of rhythmic delays, glitchy reverbs, huge pad-like volume swells and extraordinary modulation.
It’s the perfect tool for creating drum fills, vocal choruses, swelling guitar chords and other evolving effects — everything from reversed reverbs to a massed church choir singing a Gregorian chant in Notre-Dame Cathedral!
Think of UltraTap as the mother of all Echoplexes and you won’t be too far off. That’s basically how it operates but with the flexibility to add as many ‘tape-heads’ as you want and expressively control their positions and levels.
Designed for real-time manipulation, UltraTap features The Ribbon, an innovative control which allows you to program two settings for any combination of the controls and seamlessly transition between them.
The programmable HotSwitch allows you to instantly jump to an alternate setting at the push of a button. This combination of controls is intended to bring you as close as possible to the experience of tweaking real hardware.
This unique effect has been ported directly from the award-winning H9 Harmonizer. All of the H9 presets have been converted to work with the plug-in and have been included, as well as newly created factory and artist presets. Now you can use all the delays, reverbs, chorus and modulation effects that guitarists and synth players have grown to love. Best of all, The Ribbon has been optimized for live use with your favorite DAW.
- Over 150 presets designed to inspire; including artist presets by Chris Carter, Colin Newman, Sasha and many more.
- Manipulate effects in realtime using The Ribbon to transition seamlessly between two settings of any combination of controls.
- Using the innovative Slurm control, smear taps together or modulate them to create truly unique reverbs.
- Create drastic changes in effect and sound by assigning the HotSwitch to an alternate version of the current settings.
- Use up to 64 taps to create simple repeats or morph delays into chorus and reverb.
- Speed up or slow down the rhythmic space between taps using the Spread knob.
- Use the onboard LFOs and envelopes to chop the sound source into stuttered rhythms.
- Control the stereo image of taps to alternate between hard-panned and mono.
- Sync the Length and/or Chop LFO speed to the DAW session.
- Use Mix Lock to scroll through presets while keeping the wet-dry mix constant.
- Optimized for live use with MIDI control of The Ribbon and Tap Tempo for quick meta control on the fly.
A Brief History of UltraTap
It all started in 1982 with the world’s first rack mount programmable audio processor, the Eventide SP2016, where a flexible 64 tap delay debuted as part of its Factory Program suite. By the late 80’s UltraTap had migrated to the legendary H3000 Harmonizer effects processor and then to the DSP4000 and H8000. Thanks to advances in technology, we were able to include UltraTap in a portable compact form factor, the H9 Harmonizer stompbox. And now UltraTap has come back to the studio via your DAW and FOH environment, where it all began 35 years ago!
- Windows 8 and later (32 / 64bit)
- AAX, VST2, VST3 (32 / 64-bit)
- macOS 10.9 and later (64-bit only) (macOS 11 Big Sur only supported on Intel-based Mac systems)
- AAX, AU, VST2, VST3 (64-bit)
- Eventide tests their desktop plugins in Ableton Live, Cubase, FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, and Studio One (However, our plugins should work with any compatible host.)
- New 32-bit macOS installers are no longer being made for this product.
- No iLok dongle is required to run this software – only a FREE iLok account/Manager is required for authorisation.
- macOS 11 Big Sur is only supported on Intel-based Mac systems.