Virtual Analog Synthesizer
Discovery Pro is a 12 oscillator Virtual Analog Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, built-in arpeggiator, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation and more.
discoDSP’s Discovery was one of the company’s first and finest efforts. Heavily inspired by Clavia’s Nord Lead series, Discovery earned a place on many a hard drive with its dual-oscillator architecture, resonant filter and built-in effects.
Borrowing the layers and morph abilities from the instrument that inspired it, Discovery was – and still is – a synth capable of blistering basses, lush pads and scorching solo sounds.
Discovery Pro ups the ante considerably – with more filter types, more oscillators and advanced features such as sample import – without exacting a prohibitive price.
Yes, it costs twice as much as its sibling, but it’s still hardly expensive and, as you’ll see, it offers a much wider palette than the initial version.
Discovery Pro is a 12 oscillator Virtual Analog Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADSynth, 2X oversampling / undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. Imports and exports Clavia Nord Lead 2 SysEx data.
- Multi-sized GUI (400p, 600p, 800p) including Retina.
- 32 / 64-bit VST2 / VST3 / Audio Units / Standalone.
- 128 voice polyphony.
- 128 Patch Memories per bank.
- Parameter Morphing using Modulation Wheel or MIDI velocity.
- 2x oversampling.
- 2x oversampled distortions.
- Nord Lead 2 modeled Unison.
- Nord Lead 2 modeled Zero Delay Feedback filters.
- Dual / Quad octave key split.
- Bank browser (by clicking arrows in display led and bank name).
- More than 5.000 presets in 60 banks (including a percussion one).
- Nord Lead 2 and 2X patch import and export.
- 4 Layers per Patch, each with:
- 2 Oscillators (Sine, Saw, Triangle, PWM, Square, Parabolic, White and Pink Noise) with Ring modulation, Sync and Frequency Modulation.
- 1 Wave Oscillator. Can load mono, stereo WAV and SoundFont 2 (SF2) files using high quality resampling interpolation.
- PADsynth re-synthesis. User banks are easily added.
- Resonant Filters (LowPass, HighPass, BandPass, BandReject, Formant, 8 taps phaser, X 12/24 dB and Y 12/24 dB are Moog modeled).
- ADSR for Amp & Filter. Amplitude envelope can switch between linear and exponential curves.
- 2 LFOs.
- Modulation Envelope.
- Graphical Modulation Envelope.
- Built-in Chorus, Phaser, Panning Delay and Gate effects.
- Symmetric, Asymmetric and Asymmetric 2 Distortions.
- Poly / Mono / Legato modes.
- MIDI CC control.
Full 64-bit compatibility:
- 32 / 64-bit Audio Units and VST for Mac.
- 32 / 64-bit VST for Windows.
- macOS 10.11 or higher
- Compatible with all versions of Windows.
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PROTOOLS