Build your own effect networks
Metaplugin is a plugin that loads other plugins. Let your imagination run free, nothing is impossible. Create your own layered synth sounds, build whole sound generators.
Metaplugin is a plugin that loads other plugins.
As simple as that. Build your own effect networks with this plugin wrapper using any VST/VST3 (and AU, if you’re on Mac) effect you already have on your harddisk. To get you started, a Mid-Side matrix, a fourband crossover filter and a routing plugin are included in the package. This means instant cross-track routing, mid-side, multiband compression/distortion/reverb/… you name it. Of course that’s only the beginning…
Let your imagination run free, nothing is impossible, from creating your own layered synth sounds to building whole sound generators from scratch using simple modules.
Another favourite use case for Metaplugin is to load VST plugins in Pro Tools (or to load AudioUnits in Pro Tools if you’re on a Mac). Hence, you can use it as a VST to AAX wrapper or an AU to AAX wrapper. While we’re at it: you can also use Metaplugin to load VST plugins in Logic/LogicX (VST to AU wrapper), or AU plugins in Cubase (AU to VST wrapper).
- Effect version supports up to eight individual channels for, e.g. surround or other multichannel purposes.
- Instrument version featuring 16 stereo output buses for all conceivable routing purposes using multichannel instruments
- Double precision audio processing when supported by DAW and plugin format (not for Audio Units)
- Additional stereo sidechain input
- Convenient plugin organizer: scan your plugins once, then just drag and drop them onto the graph area
- Internal bridge from 32 to 64 bit, with seamless plugin window integration: load 32 bit plugins in ProTools or LogicPro X without the need for a 3rd party bridging solution
- NEW since v3.4: internal bridge from 64 bit to 32 bit too!
- Support for native Apple Audio Unit plugins
- Dry/wet ratio can be adjusted for each loaded plugin.
- Individual bypass for each loaded plugin
- Full plugin delay compensation included.
- Automate up to 100 parameters by mapping them on any parameter of a loaded plugin
- Negligible additional CPU overhead.
- Synths can also be loaded and played with any MIDI control, which means you can create custom synthesizers with existing building blocks.
- Oversampling: to avoid antialiasing, oversampling is a necessity. Metaplugin offers up to 16x oversampling option of the whole signal chain in realtime mode, and up to 64x oversampling in offline mode (during rendering).
- Included: mid-side matrix, multiband splitter and cross track send/receive helper plugins.
- Define your own colour palette for the plugin: check!
- Freely resizable plugin window for maximum convenience: check!
- Can be used as a VST (2 or 3) to AU wrapper, a VST (2 or 3) to AAX wrapper or an AU to AAX wrapper.
- Windows: 32/64 bit VST/VST3 and AAX
- Mac: 32/64 bit VST/VST3/AU/AAX, 10.7 or higher needed