Acoustic Drum Studio
BFD3 is the third generation of BFD's flagship software acoustic drum studio: new levels of realism and ground-breaking features in an intuitive redesigned engine. With stunning new kits, mix-ready presets and modelling technology for tom resonance and cymbal swells, BFD3 delivers uncompromising detail.
BFD3 is the third generation of BFD’s flagship software acoustic drum studio: new levels of realism and ground-breaking features in an intuitive redesigned engine.
With stunning new kits, mix-ready presets and modelling technology for tom resonance and cymbal swells, BFD3 delivers uncompromising detail. The revamped interface has a new mixer and sound browser for the easiest BFD experience yet.
The all-new BFD3 library is designed to provide a diverse range of drum sounds out of the box. Recorded by engineers including Andrew Scheps, Rail Jon Rogut and John Emrich, it features brush and mallet sounds and is recorded in 2 rooms for varied room ambience.
BFD3 also contains a powerful built-in environment for pattern creation and editing, complete with a range of performances by legendary drummers for effortless production of drum tracks indistinguishable from the real thing.
Instant Results with Unlimited Depth
BFD3 is designed to sound great while offering as much depth as you need. Browse for entire presets, quickly compile custom kits or mould any drum sound you desire by retuning, damping and processing multiple mics with the powerful internal mixing engine.
The built-in Groove section offers a versatile range of session drummer performances alongside pattern editing and creation functions. Select from a wide range of musical drum rudiments and paint your own realistic parts.
New Sound Library – Stunning Hyper-Detailed drums
With detail levels of up to 80 velocity layers, rim-clicks and rim-shots for toms and bells and splashes for hi-hats, BFD3’s sounds are more expressive than ever before. The library’s 160GB of audio data is squeezed into 55GB thanks to BFD3’s lossless compression system meaning less space usage and playback strain on your hard disk.
4 of the included kits are recorded in LA’s Ocean Studios and feature additional mono room and hardware-compressed channels in addition to stereo overhead and room mics. The remaining 3 kits are stick, brush and mallet versions of a custom Mapleworks kit recorded in a tight but vibrant room at Omega Studios in Rockville, Maryland.
Intelligent Drum and Dynamics Modelling
BFD3 introduces modelled tom resonance and bleed which provides a natural-sounding ‘glue’ which blends the sound of the kit together. The modelling varies with the characteristics and tuning of any combination of drums – something that cannot be achieved only by using samples. BFD3 also includes improved dynamics matching across drums and a swell-modelling algorithm for more realistic cymbal washes.
These features can be applied to your existing BFD libraries if you’re upgrading (and to any expansion packs you buy in future).
Mixing and Exporting
New Effects and Workflow Enhancements
The internal BFD3 mixing engine has DCAM-modelled compression, filtering and other effects alongside great-sounding EQ and algorithmic reverbs. You can even use an external signal as a compression sidechain source.
New workflow enhancements let you hide multiple drum and ambient mics for simpler mixing approaches and it’s easy to route multiple channels to discrete outputs for processing with other plugins or outboard gear. BFD3 even provides multi-channel audio export direct to disk. Grooves can be exported using drag and drop – perfect for compiling loops.
BFD3/BFD Eco Expansion Packs NOT Included
- 7 new kits recorded in 2 locations
- Dedicated rock, metal, jazz and brush kits
- More detail in less disk space
- Tom resonance / cymbal swell modelling
- Streamlined new browser and workflow
- Faster, more efficient audio engine
- Extendable interface for larger screens
- New effects including algorithmic reverb and DCAM EnvShaper
- Wide range of mix-ready presets
- Fully editable, improved groove engine
- Rudiments tool for creating grooves
- Grooves by Steve Ferrone, Brooks Wackerman, Bobby Jarzombek, Peter Erskine & Stanton Moore courtesy of Platinum Samples
- 32-bit and 64-bit support
- VST, AU, RTAS and AAX plugin formats & standalone version
- Mac OSX 10.11 or later (Mac)
- Windows 10 (PC)
- Core2Duo 2.0ghz (or equivalent)
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 7200rpm mechanical hard disk or fast SSD
- Internet connection for authorization and downloads
- USB 2.0 port for installation
- 1280×800 screen resolution
Recommended for High Detail Settings:
- Quad-core processor or faster (Core2Quad, i3, i5, and i7, or equivalent)
- 3GB DDR3 RAM or higher
- Dedicated drive for audio content
3 Install Options:
- 18GB, 27GB or 55GB disk space required