Multi Effects Processor for Guitar
Axiom is a powerful and open multi effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass. Axiom offers an infinite number of exceptional tones for your axe.
Blue Cat’s Axiom is a powerful and open multi effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass. Based on the acclaimed Destructor plug-in for amp simulations, Axiom offers an infinite number of exceptional tones for your axe.
What’s new in 1.6?
- Improved Tone Maps navigation, with updated user interface (for amp simulation and 9 built-in effects).
- Added MIDI control support (MIDI CC messages) for Next and Previous Preset commands, with MIDI learn.
- Improved MIDI & automation control settings with lock, reset and “save as global setting” capabilities.
- Preset files can now be dropped onto the preset LCD area to be loaded.
- Level meters, spectrum analyzers and tuner stop processing when the user interface is closed, reducing CPU usage.
- Multiple DSP performance improvements.
- Reduced the number of threads used by the plug-ins.
- Improved global and preset settings window loading time on Windows.
- Reduced time to load Axiom, Destructor or any built-in plug-in.
- Full unicode support.
- Native Apple Silicon (M1 processor) support.
- Dropped 32-bit support on Mac.
- Now requires MacOS 10.9 and newer.
- Fixed VST3 (and sometimes VST) version freezing Ableton Live upon save on Windows.
- Up to 5 times more processing power with the new multicore engine that processes each channel and each tool on a separate core.
- Multicore engine also available for the built-in Late Replies plug-in (Pattern module).
- Updated all 460 factory presets with appropriate drive range for all simulated amps.
- New built-in looper plug-in (in the “Utils” category).
- New built-in distortion and dynamics pedals based on Destructor with new pedal GUI.
- New built-in delay models based on Late Replies 1.5 with new “EZ mode” GUI.
- New DSP workload meter that displays the DSP activity and CPU load.
- Tap Tempo with MIDI CC to set BPM in the application with a footswitch.
- Lock effects bypass switches to match the state of MIDI foot controllers when changing presets.
- Improved buffer management in standalone application on Mac, reducing both latency and CPU usage.
- reverted default preset to empty preset to improve performance upon load (the preset is still available as “Default Clean”)
- Added ability to select the plug-in to load when a shell plug-in file is dragged and dropped onto a slot.
- Powerful and unlimited multi-effects processor and amp modeling software for guitar and bass.
- Realistic and fully customizable amp simulation based on Blue Cat’s Destructor.
- Flexible routing: 2 parallel amp simulation channels with effects + input and master sections.
- 40 high quality built-in effects: wah, delays, reverb, pitch bender, EQ, filters, distortion units, compressor, gate, chorus, flanger…
- Includes Blue Cat’s Destructor and Late Replies as built-in effects.
- Built-in high precision tuner.
- Open and extensible: load any third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit (AU) plug-in.
- Delivered with thousands of presets for all sections and built-in effects.
- Load third party virtual instruments to play along.
- Global stereo spread control.
- Lock sections to prevent changes when loading presets.
- No latency.
It includes two amp simulations channels (with pre and post effects) that can be mixed together or used alternatively like a real amp. You can choose your amp models from hundreds of presets or launch the amp editor to build your own, with complete control over the tone. Additional input and master sections let you adjust the tone at the input and the output of Axiom, with 4 additional effect slots each and an integrated high precision tuner. A brickwall limiter also protects the output from overshoot. Axiom includes 40 built-in effects that can be loaded in any of the 32 plug-in slots, including a built-in version of Late Replies for creative delays and reverbs, and a built-in version of Destructor to add your own distortion pedals, cabinets or additional amp simulations. Blue Cat’s Axiom is not limited to its built-in effects: these slots can also host third party Audio Unit, VST or VST3 plug-ins: you can use your favorite plug-ins anywhere in the signal chain and expand Axiom’s capabilities. And because playing alone is not so much fun, we have added a tools section with 3 additional slots to load virtual instruments: add a metronome, a drum machine, sequencer or your keyboardist’s favorite synthesizer there to get it mixed with your guitar.
- An SSE2-enabled processor (Pentium 4 or newer).
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8 or 10.
- Any DirectX / VST / RTAS / AAX compatible host software (32 or 64 bit).
- An Intel processor.
- Now fully compatible with M1 Chips
- Fully compatible with Catalina or Big Sur
- Mac OS Sierra (10.12), Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11), Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mavericks (10.9), Mountain Lion (10.8), Lion (10.7) , Snow Leopard (10.6), or Leopard (10.5)
- Any VST / Audio Unit (32/64-bit) / RTAS / AAX compatible application.