Synth-based Transition Designer
A powerful, synth-based instrument, The Riser features all of the tools you need to compose heart-stopping transitions in one intuitive user-interface.
Stops Hearts. Tops Charts.
The Riser is an all-new instrument for designing musical transitions of epic proportions. A powerful, synth-based instrument, The Riser features all of the tools you need to compose heart-stopping transitions in one intuitive user-interface. In seconds, you can construct rises, falls, swells, fades, and more, based on our coveted sound synthesis technology.
For instant inspiration, The Riser includes 300 pro-grade presets that you can edit, deconstruct, copy, mangle, and implement into your tracks.
Transitions add suspense, hype, drama, and movement to your music. Cymbal swells and reversed instruments were go-to transitions for years, until the DAW pioneered fast and flexible audio editing, paving the way for complex sound effects.
When combined with synths and other audio shaping tools, transitions completed their metamorphosis from science to art. Until now, this process has convoluted and time-intensive, taking attention away from the overall project itself. The composer spent more time trying to get plugins, virtual sample players, hardware effects, sound modules, and other gear to play nice with each other – and that was before hitting “record”.
- Transition designer optimized for electronic music production, scoring, and remix work
- 3 editable oscillators; sweep, noise, and chord
- 3 LFOs; free-running, tempo-synced, and Pumper
- 23 filter types including multi-pole and phase shift
- 300 professionally designed, editable presets
- Randomizer generates patches at the click of a button
- Invert mode creates complementary patches by instantly changing transition direction
- Easy MIDI-Learn Mode; just click and twist to assign parameters to your favorite MIDI controller hardware
- Pumper effect creates pulsating movement
- Configurable delay and reverb with wet/dry processing; 4 reverb types
- Adjustable panning movements and master stereo width control
- 64-bit AU; 32- and 64-bit VST/AAX; Mac or Windows
Featuring the most powerful and musical virtual synthesis available, The Riser can be used to create classic transitions or effects never-before-heard by human ears. The core of The Riser’s mojo are three continuously variable oscillators; sweep, noise and chord. Each oscillator features a dedicated Filter send and graphical parameter depiction.
Sweep – featuring volume, frequency and oscillator shape – dictates the direction and progression of the transition. Create rises, falls, stops, and swells with audible and visible feedback.
Providing volume, shape, and pitch controls, the Noise oscillator infuses texture into your transition. Start shaping to add grit, bite, hiss, punch, and more to the effect.
The Riser’s Chord oscillator introduces you to an uncharted creative continent. Use it to match The Riser’s sonic structure to your song’s key (or a contrasting one) and blend it to taste; it can be as musical as you want.
Three Low Frequency Oscillators (LFOs) provide additional modulation to your transition. A tempo-sync’d LFO works in harmony with the native song tempo in your DAW to increase the transition’s complexity.
The second LFO is free-running, meaning it has not ties to the native tempo.
Third, the Pumper effect modulates the synthesis with dynamics control in tandem with track tempo. This pulsating effect adds punch and movement to the transition, and features various time divisions and depth controls for adapting to or accentuating your track.
For those looking for turn-key transitions, our team of sound designers have constructed 300 fully editable presets across various types, bringing modern, useable transitions to your project.
The Riser offers unequalled flexibility with your current production/composition setup. Available for Mac or PC and in AU, VST and AAX formats, it can operate as an instrument in nearly any DAW such as Logic Pro X, Cubase, Ableton Live, Sonar, Digital Performer, Reaper and more.
It does not require specialty sample players or proprietary software in order to be used in your DAW project – simply call it up when you need it, and use it. Further, you can map your favorite keyboard or controller to the virtual knobs and faders within your The Riser or most DAWs, offering seamless operation with your composition style.
We put the essential effects for transition design into The Riser, for fast access to studio-grade audio manipulation heaven. A tempo-sync’d delay with time-division can slap or drench your transition with the subtlety of a feather – or sledgehammer. To add space to your patch, mix in one of 4 reverb types, all of which are completely adjustable to complement your track.
To really grab the listener, we incorporated Panning and Width controls, letting you master stereo positioning and intimacy. The Filter section features over 20 types, ranging from low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, multi-pole/pass combos, band reject, and phase shift.
When used in concert with The Riser’s LFOs and variable oscillators, you get standout results with signature flair.
Invert Your Thinking
Experimentation is the key to inspiration, and The Riser gives you a few additional tricks to unlock new sounds. A randomizer will randomly select values for the main parameters to give you that create spark.
The Invert mode will reverse the transition, letting you hear it with the direction switched. Rises become falls, swells become fades, and more. Tap the Swap button and those inversions will override your current setup, making it easy to create complementary patches and save them as presets along the way.
Like You’ve Never Experienced Before.
We understand the science behind the suspense and emotion that a great transition delivers. Until now, recreating the transition in your head has been a convoluted, manual process.
The Riser puts intuitive sound-shaping tools right where you need them so you can design effects that keep the listener on the edge of their seat.
- Compatible with AU and VST only. (AAX version available in AIR Creative Collection)
- PC: Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.8 – macOS 10.12 Monterey; Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH M1 CHIPS
- Minimum RAM 1GB (2GB or more Recommended)
- 1GB free hard drive space (Download and Installation)
- A 64-bit compatible host application*
- Internet access (Download and Authorization)
- PC: VST64 is qualified for Cubase 6 (64-bit) and Ableton Live 9 (64-bit).
- Mac: VST64 is qualified for Cubase 6 (64-bit) and Ableton Live 9 (64-bit). AU64 is qualified for Logic Pro X (64-bit).
- iLok optional.