Learn to DJ with Traktor!
Want to learn how to DJ using Traktor? If you dream of dropping beats, filling the dance floor and having people talk about your mixes long after the lights go down, this is the course for you!
Designed for beginners to advanced – those new to Native Instrument’s Traktor software or wanting to know the real depth of what it can do, this course covers everything to get you started.
Comprehensive & Practical – This Course Will Get You DJ’ing with Traktor Today!
After watching this 5 hour course you will be familiar with all the key features and functions of Traktor from loading music and track preparation, to beat matching, cue points and best of all, how to mix with Traktor giving you a bunch of impressive transition options for mixing your set like a pro.
Once you have that under control, why not get on to 4 deck mixing, utilising everything the remix decks and stems have to offer. At the same time cutting up your voice on the mic and midi mapping your favourite controller to do even more.
- Watch, Listen and Learn – our easy to follow video instruction introduce you to classic techniques and technical insights
- Total runtime 312 minutes – Over 5 Hours!
- 9 walkthrough videos each providing a mandatory lesson on working with Traktor
- Master the hardware and the software at the same time!
- Practical instruction by an experienced tutor
- Learn at your own pace, watch as many times as you need to learn the lessons
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
A professional DJ and tutor on both vinyl and digital, software and hardware, D.A.V.E has spent more than 20 years honing his skills. He has DJ’d and mixed in clubs and studios all over the world.
At the same time, Dave has spent the last decade helping others develop their craft, working closely with companies like Native Instruments to demo their products and as an expert instructor for Point Blank Music School, ADSR and his own channels to name but a few.
- This video will go through everything from now to install your software to knowing and setting your all important preferences.
- Knowing your GUI. We will cover what everything does on the main front screen of Traktor so you can have it set up however you want.
Also, the lesson will cover loading tracks, setting playlists and using your iTunes to help prep your music.
- Looking at the different controllers and what they do. If you don’t have a controller yet then no worries as you will learn all of the keyboard shortcuts to get you DJing in no time.
Most other tutorials don’t cover a very important knowledge base, which is how to actually connect your equipment. Don’t worry as we have you covered.
- Learn about mixing and basic transitions using Traktor’s software features. You will explore the use of Traktor’s internal mixer including EQ, the cross fader and up faders. Understanding these tools will unlock the major transitions every DJ needs to get started.
Beat matching/basic transitions
- Now it’s time to learn how to beat match. Beat matching has long been seen as the most crucial part of DJing, so we look at manual beat matching to really hone your skills. On top of that we have basic transitions to get you ready for your first performance.
- Now it’s time to start adding your own spice to your already accomplished mix. Understanding and using effects can push you over the edge when it comes to your performance, plus it’s a lot of fun creating your unique sound.
- In this lesson we take a look and go in depth with the powerful remix decks. Whether you want to remix on the fly or create something truly unique, then this is the one for you.
- Stem decks is an amazing creation with few limits to it. So why not add this feature to your already bulging arsenal. It will also cover new controllers, Harmonic mixing and 4 deck mixing.
- The last but definitely not least video in the tutorial series is mastering the Loop recorder to make your on sonic sounds, using the microphone in some very different ways and a midi mapping crash course to now make your controllers as unique as you.