Art Of The Remix
Art Of The Remix is a powerful 5 week course, that will MASSIVELY increase your production skills and unleash your inner track mangling monster. Learn to create amazing remixes to use in your sets from renowned pro and resident Warp Academy sound design guru Myagi.
In addition, you’ll get access to ALL the previous Art Of The Remix sessions – a HUGE bonus of 30+ hours of content and that includes TONS of techniques and tips, spread across multiple genres.
MASSIVELY increase your production skills and unleash your inner track mangling monster.
Over the course of 5 weeks Myagi remixed a classic track by breaks legends Splitloop, live with an online group of students, demonstrating every step in his remixing process.
He took this classic tune and morphed it into a whole new beast right in front of their eyes, showcasing every step in his process along the way. This course was offered specifically for one reason: to MASSIVELY help you increase your production skills and unleash your inner track mangling monster.
Art of the Remix gives you an essential skill set, handed down by a true professional. You will be able to approach remixing as a true art form, with confidence, inspiration, all while honing your remixing approach in a way that builds your name, your presence, and your own unique sound.
Not only do you get access to watching Myagi remixing “Splitloop’s – Badman”, as an absolutely MONSTER bonus we have included all 3 previous sessions of Art of the Remix. In those previous sessions Myagi remixes:
- Vespers – Let’s Get Gangsta
- Myagi – Sun Goes Down
- Sirkus Sirkuz – Dying Star
The previous Art Of The Remix sessions total more than 30+ hours of content including TONS of techniques and tips, spread across multiple genres.
- Video Episodes: 22
- Total Length: 60 hours
- DAW Used: Live 8 & 9, Suite 8 & 9
- Downloads: Ableton Live Project Files, patches, samples
- Skill Level: All skill levels
- Module 1 – Theory, How To Approach Parts
- Module 2 – Warping And EQ’ing, Creative Treatment
- Module 3 – Building A Groove, Drum And Synth Programming
- Module 4 – Laying It All Out, Structure And Flow
- Module 5 – Adding “Pixie Dust,” Final Touches
What You’ll Learn
After taking this course you’ll be able to:
- Develop methods for remixing almost any song
- Find ways to make your style work with someone else’s tune
- Work with remix packs in ways that inspire you
- Isolate elements of tracks to use in your own production
- Make the ideal version of a track for your own sets
- Envision a remix project from start to finish
- A comprehensive understanding of what remixing really entails and how to go about doing it.
- Deep understanding of synthesis, drum programming, sample treatment and creating professional results.
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Andrew Mavor aka Myagi
Electronic music producer heavyweight, Myagi, is a veteran sound designer and synthesis guru.
His work has received accolades from professionals and users alike, including a 9/10 in the esteemed Computer Music magazine for his “Bass Weaponry” preset pack for DCAM: Synth Squad.
His sound design work crosses into the mobile realm with a prominent selection of iOS apps using his material, including Soundtrends Looptastic and Meta.DJ, Finger-Pro’s Bassline and Modrum, and Vavoova, a generative music app.
He regularly consults with tech companies on instrument architecture and design. His production work as Myagi has garnered multiple world tours and thousands upon thousands of sales, from top charting releases in the days of vinyl to releases that crack the overall top 100 on Beatport. He has remixed music for The Crystal Method, Orbital, Si Begg, Ursula 1000, and innumerable others.
His music has been featured in Hollywood movies, network tv, video games, commercials and virtually any other medium imaginable.