Step up your synthesis game and find out why Ableton’s Operator is an ideal synth for creating today’s modern sounds in this focused 5-part course.
Operator offers some really useful synthesis options combining analog-style subtractive synthesis and frequency modulation (FM) synthesis. By the end of this course you’ll have a solid understanding of how Ableton Operator works and how to use this software to create some really exciting sounds.
Professional Insights From A Master Sound Designer
COURSE OVERVIEW 1-5
- An introduction to the course curriculum.
- In this video we cover everything about the sound generators of the synth including the meaning of the courses and audio rates.
02 Harmonic Bins and FM routings
- Operator is capable of additive synthesis. In this video I show you how to use it effectively along with the different fm routings.
COURSE OVERVIEW 6-10
03 LFO, Filter and Pitch Envelopes
- Operator’s filter is a very good device offering moprh filters, drive possibilities etc. We have a look into it along with the LFO and the very powerful pitch envelope. Nothing compares to Operator’s pitch envelope when it comes to creating transients.
05 Global Tab
- Operator is capable of some crazy modulation, what you can set on the global tab!
- We make two very modern bass sounds using Operator with minimal post process
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
“With the right skills, Operator can easily become your go-to synth for creating transients, leads, basses and so much more.”
Dan Larsson is the founder of Let’s Synthesize, a music production education business.
Dan is a beast when it comes to sound design. He’s most into producing bass-heavy genres like dubstep and drum and bass. He has an extensive background in education and has been a passionate music producer for many years. He’s also designed countless best selling sound packs across all the biggest names in digital sound retail.