A Complete Introduction to Reason 11
If you’re a Reason user you’ll know why so many people love this DAW and if you’re not.. you are about to find out!
Complex and creative, Reason is unique in both the layout and the workflow allowing it to can function like a virtual studio environment condensed into your computer. That is, if you know how to use it.
This complete Introduction to Reason course walks you through all the features and functions you need to master to start using Reason like a pro.
Don’t get confused by the complexity of Reason 11 – Master this software today!
This course is designed to get you up and running with the Reason 11 as quickly and intelligently as possible.
Get up to speed with all the features and functions so you can be more efficient and effective in your production sessions.
Perfect for anyone who has just cracked open a new copy of Reason or wants help getting more out of their work flow.
- Watch, Listen and Learn – our easy to follow video instruction introduce you to classic techniques and technical insights
- 11 walkthrough videos each providing a mandatory lesson on getting the most out of Reason.
- Total runtime 3hrs 19 minutes
- Practical instruction by an experienced tutor
- Learn at your own pace, watch as many times as you need to learn the lessons
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
Jor van der Poel is a professional musician and Grade C certified music teacher specializing in music theory, arrangement and composition, sound design, Logic Pro & Ableton Live.
He’s worked with some of the biggest companies out there, and after learning to play the piano and guitar, both classical and jazz at a young age, Jor discovered the extreme flexibility of synthetic sounds becoming a sound design guru. All this comes together to give him a unique insight into the world of music production.
01 The Song Window
- Explore the Song window and start to understand the workflow in Reason
02 Arrange Mode
- Walkthrough each function in Arrange mode and how to apply them to parts of your arrangement
03 MIDI Editor
- Get to know the MIDI editor and improve your song writing workflow.
- Learn how to apply and manipulate Automation in Reason
- Find out how to record, pitch, transpose, chop, rearrange and generally get creative with different types of audio in Reason
06 The Browser
- Get a practical walkthrough of the browser whole working on a bass line.
07 The Rack
A comprehensive demonstration of the Rack – the place where Reason’s synths, instruments, effects and sounds come together.
- A walkthrough of using the Pattern’s feature in Drum Sequencer – one of Reason’s unique Rack extensions
- Learn how to work more efficiently using Reasons “Blocks” view to create musical structures
10 The Groove Engine
- Reason’s ReGroove Mixer is one of its greatest features in this lesson you find out why, and how, and when!
11 The Mixer
- Reason’s Mixer is a beast! Learn how to tame it.