808 Creation with W.A. Production
Do you have trouble getting your 808 or sub bass to bang through like the pros on any sound system?
In this course, Josh Isaacs will walk you through his 5 favorite mixing tips and tricks for getting your 808s to hit hard and push through, no matter the setting.
Make Your 808s Bang!
- 8 tutorial videos that will walk you through exactly how to create professional 808s
- Total run time – 47 mins
- Practical instruction from leading Sound Designers
- Learn at your own pace, watch as many times as you need to learn the lessons
ABOUT YOUR TUTOR
W. A. Production was founded in 2014 by Producer Redhead Roman in the Czech Republic. W. A. Production is an incredibly diverse and talented company. While many labels and producers stick to one style, W. A. is able to seamlessly make music in the top EDM genres including Big Room, Future House, Tropical House, Progressive, Trap and many more.
- In this video, Josh introduces the overall theme for the course and discusses what will be learned in later chapters
- In this lesson, Josh explains the definition of Psychoacoustics and how it applies to making your 808 stand out, even on lower quality speakers and headphones
Carving out space in the mix
- In this lesson, you’ll learn how to make room for your 808 in the mix using various techniques and plugins, including EQ, Sidechain Compression, and the plugin TrackSpacer
Adding overtones to your 808
- In this lesson, Josh discusses what overtones are, and techniques for adding them to your 808 to make it punch through in the mix
- In this lesson, Josh discusses compression and some techniques for using compression to make your 808 clear and heavy
- In this lesson, Josh shows some layering tricks that he uses to help the 808 sit well in the mix and be heard in any situation
- In this lesson, Josh explains how using stereo width correctly can help make your 808 sound much larger and wider
- In this video, Josh recaps what you’ve learned and concludes the course