Yamaha Introduces MODX Hybrid Synthesizers
Yamaha has announced their new MODX line of hybrid synthesizers, the MODX-6, MODX-7 and MODX-8, that feature two synthesis engines: FM-X (frequency modulation engine with 8 operators) and AWM2 (Advanced Wave Memory subtractive synthesis engine).
The all new MODX Music Synthesizer is all about Sound, Control and Mobility. The great sound and deep control are based on the flagship MONTAGE Music Synthesizer. The lightweight design of each MODX model make them the perfect professional instrument for the mobile musician. Whether you are a synthesist in need of cutting-edge sounds, a keyboardist who is all about electric pianos, organs and pads or a modern pianist focused on expressive pianos and great feel, the Yamaha MODX Music Synthesizer delivers:
- 192-NOTE TOTAL POLYPHONY
- MODX features 128-note stereo AWM2 polyphony and 64-notes of FM-X polyphony. Due to the unique architecture of MODX and MONTAGE, this polyphony is always available without latency or compromising other features.
- SSS (Seamless Sound Switching)
- Seamless Sound Switching (SSS) lets you change performances seamlessly without any cut-off in envelope or effects. This is perfect for live performances where you end one song and start another without stopping.
- INTEGRATED FLASH
- MODX includes 1 GB of non-volatile user flash memory with high speed reading/writing for your own custom samples or synth libraries from yamahamusicsoft.com.
- From high definition reverbs to incredibly detailed Virtual Circuit Modeling (VCM) effects, MODX is loaded with DSP innovation, power and, most importantly, sound quality. Use effects like Beat Repeat, Vinyl Break or Bit Crusher to get EDM sound. The Spiralizer effect creates the auditory illusion of a tone continually rising or falling in pitch without getting higher or lower.
- A/D INPUT
- Coupled with two A/D inputs, MODX is a perfect centerpiece for any professional recording studio or live computer rig.
- Automatically control the dynamic behavior of one part from another. Sidechain is very popular in modern dance music where a pad or other sustain part is “keyed” to the kick drum. When the kick drum plays, it ducks down the sustained part creating a “pumping” rhythmic effect.
- MULTI-CHANNEL USB AUDIO INTERFACE
- As expected for modern computer-based music production, MODX features a professional 4-in/10-out, multi-channel USB audio interface. A single-cable connection replaces the need for an external audio interface. iOS compatible.
- SUPER KNOB
- The Super Knob allows simultaneous control of up to 128 parameters in a single Performance. This means you can control nearly anything from mix functions like volume, pan and effect sends to detailed synth parameters like filters, LFOs and Operators.
Every artist wants to sound unique. Take control and stand out from the crowd. Bring the sophistication of music production automation to realtime live performance with Motion Control.
The Yamaha MODX MODX6, MODX7 and MODX8, to be available later this month, are expected to be priced at €1,399, €1,599 and €1,849, respectively, and you can visit the Yamaha website to learn more.