The MOTOR Synth Uses Real Motors To Generate Sound
Gamechanger Audio’s new MOTOR Synth is the world’s first electro-mechanical desktop synthesizer that uses actual electromoters as the synth’s main sound source. It offers an all-analog signal path, 4 note polyphony (2 voices per note), a variety of different filters and much more.
- VOICE section for waveshaping each Voice 1 and Voice 2:
- Waveshape selector between 3 forms of optical waveshapes and one inductive “Motor” sound
- One-knob ADSR envelope which controls 4 analogue VCA’s for each voice. Selection between ADSR by pressing the knob.
- Acceleration and Brake control for Glide.
- FILTER Block for both Voices, Voice 1, Voice 2 or bypassed.
- Drive before the Filer
- Multimode Resonance Filter
- Each voice can be bypassed separately
- MOD Section can modulate voice envelopes (trem) or pitch, and the filter.
- KEYBOARD Section features unique and extremely playable inputs controls
- 8 keys can be set to any scale, latching or momentary
- 4 knobs to adjust the frequency of the 2 keys below the knob, the step of adjustment can be limited
- Mono, Poly and Unison modes
- AUTO Section features Arpeggiator, Sequencer and Loop mode. The unique Loop is designed to work similarly to using a loopstation.
- MASTER and PRESET Sections for general control,
- ALL PARAMETERS can be digitally controlled, saved and recalled.
- ALL PARAMETERS are MIDI controllable via CC messages
- OLED DISPLAY for greater control of the instrument, for programming and all else
Pricing and Availability
The MOTOR Synth, currently seeking funding on Indiegogo, is priced at $849 with an expected delivery of November 2019. You can visit the Indiegogo page to learn more.