Synthmulator Is A Modular Synthesizer Video Game
Synthmulator is a free video game for Windows that lets you play a virtual modular synthesizer in a 3D environment, supplying you with patch cables and a traditional modular synthesizer setup to dive right in.
- The PROTO-1 is an modular synthesizer based on the eurorack system using a case with 2 rows of 68HPs with the following modules:
- 2 VCOs (Voltage Controlled Oscillators) for audible frequencies.
- 2 LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators) up to 20hz.
- 2 ADSR (Attack-Decay-Sustain-Release) envelope generators.
- 2 resonant filters with high and low pass outputs
- 2 2-channel splitters
- A speaker
- An 8 step sequencer
- An oscilloscope
- A 3-channel VCA (Voltage Controlled Attenuator)
- 2 4-channel mixers
This game would certainly make a great game for VR! The PROTO-1 Synthmulator is available for free (name your price) and you can go here to download the virtual modular synthesizer.
Watch next: Making Music In Virtual Reality