Reaper 6 Is Now Available
Cockos has unveiled Reaper 6, an update to their popular and affordable DAW that introduces a variety of new features and workflow improvements. You
New in Version 6
- FX Plug-in Embedding:Embed small versions of some plug-ins into your tracks control and mixer panels, including ReaEQ, ReaFIR, ReaXcomp, graphical JSFX plug-ins, and more
- MIDI CC Envelopes:Handle MIDI CC data as continuous data envelopes, rather than discrete events; create smooth, musical articulations and effects
- Auto-stretch Timebase:Automatically stretch and reconform audio around complex tempo changes; easily work with tempo-mapped and live-played recordings together
- Routing Diagram:View and edit project routing using a high-level graphical patchbay emulation
- Retina/HiDPI:Automatic rendering to HiDPI and Retina displays; new Default 6 theme supports 100%, 150% and 200% natively
- Big Project Improvements:Vastly optimized behavior for projects with high (200+) track counts; Metal display support for massively faster screen drawing on newer macOS displays
- ..and More:New theme with extensive customizability via Tweaker script; Dynamic Split improvements; import and render media with embedded transient information; per-track positive or negative playback offset; faster and higher quality samplerate conversion; and many other fixes and improvements
- Efficient, fast to load, and tightly coded. Can be installed and run from a portable or network drive.
- Powerful audio and MIDI routing with multichannel support throughout.
- 64-bit internal audio processing. Import, record to, and render to many media formats, at almost any bit depth and sample rate.
- Thorough MIDI hardware and software support.
- Support for thousands of third-party plug-in effects and virtual instruments, including VST, VST3, AU, DX, and JS.
- Hundreds of studio-quality effects for processing audio and MIDI, and built-in tools for creating new effects.
- Automation, modulation, grouping, VCA, surround, macros, OSC, scripting, control surfaces, custom skins and layouts.
- A whole lot more.
Pricing and Availability
The Reaper discounted license is $60, while the commercial license (for those making above $20,000/year USD) is $225. You can visit the Reaper website to learn more.