Plugindoctor Lets You Analyze Your Plugins' Effect On Your Mix
Plugindoctor is a new VST for Mac and Windows, geared toward both developers and everyday audio engineers, that allows your audio signals to be visually analyzed and assured for the highest quality possible.
Plugindoctor fills a longstanding gap in the market: a cross-platform and cross-bitformat plugin analyzer for VST and AU plugins. Whether you are a plugin developer yourself who wants to thoroughly test the audio quality of your latest and greatest product, or a power user who wants to understand in more detail what exactly a specific plugin is doing to your precious audio material, Plugindoctor will help you find out!
- Highest quality, double precision FFT engine, independent stereo channel analysis
- Linear analysis: magnitude and phase response using delta or random input signal
- Harmonic analysis: highly accurate frequency response analysis to a sinusoidal input signal. Input strength and frequency can be varied for THD/THD+N calculation.
- Switchable intermodular distortion modus.
- Oscilloscope: watch what happens to a sinusoidal input signal in real time.
- Dynamics: use a ramping signal to test compression or expansion, or an attack-release signal to check your compressor’s attack and decay curves.
- Performance: how many milliseconds are really spent in your plugin’s audio processing callback (as a function of buffer size)
- Freely resizable user interface
- Three quality settings, corresponding to three different FFT buffer sizes
- Storage option of curves in Linear and Harmonic analysis mode for easy comparison of settings or of different plugins
- Built-in screenshot function
- Comes as a 32 and a 64 bit executable
- Can load VST and (on Mac) AU effect plugins
Plugindoctor is currently priced at $19 and you can visit the product website to learn more.