Native Instruments' New MOD PACK Kicks Modulation Up A Notch
Native Instruments has released MOD PACK, a set of three classic modulation effects – chorus, flanger, and phaser – each offersing spectacular new creative possibilities and stunningly convincing vintage-sounding results.
- CHORAL takes sonic inspiration from some of the most prized chorus effects of the last 40 years – including iconic rack-mount and synth-based ‘unison’ effects. Add width, movement, sheen, and shimmer to any signal, or take advantage of an all-new feedback mode, Scatter. It avoids the unpleasant metallic quality of heavy feedback settings in traditional designs, instead creating an entirely new reverb-like effect.
Choral Sound Modes
- UNIVERSAL offers a clean modern digital sound, while three are inspired by classic hardware choruses.
- SYNTH mode takes its sonic lead from a series of 80s synthesizers, famous for their lush ‘unison’ chorusing function.
- ENSEMBLE mode is reminiscent of the BBD (bucket brigade device) chorus section of one of the most prized string synths of the late 70s.
- DIMENSION references the sound of a truly legendary early 80s rackmount chorus.
- FLAIR turns the classic flanger on its head. Not satisfied simply recreating vintage analog tape and pedal flanging effects – though it does both beautifully – FLAIR adds a revolutionary new Voices mode which uses multiple delay lines to create tuned harmonic flanging layers and resonances. It even features 24 chord settings, offering a variety of chords and note intervals.
Flair Offers Three Sound Modes
- In Standard mode, each voice behaves like a normal flanger.
- In Thru Zero mode, each voice is duplicated at its respective pitch, but the duplicates are not modulated, so as the modulation increases, the flanging becomes even more apparent.
- In Scan mode, things get even more creative: Instead of stacking the voices into a chord, they play consecutively, a bit like an arpeggiator, with the order set by one of three waveforms.
- PHASIS offers timeless phasing sounds – adding movement, soul, and creative magic to any signal. PHASIS draws inspiration from classic phasers but adds powerful new features for never-heard-before results. For example, the Spread control changes the spacing of the phaser’s notches, for vocal-style effects. Ultra mode pushes modulation to ultra high rates, producing unique FM-esque tones.
MOD PACK At A Glance
- Product type: KOMPLETE effect
- For use with: As plug-in within any VST, AU, or AAX host / DAW
- Effect category: Modulation
- Number of presets: FLAIR: 56 / CHORAL: 53 / PHASIS: 53
- Download size: 276 MB
MOD PACK is currently priced at $69 and you can visit the Native Instruments website to learn more.