NAMM 2019: Korg Announces Minilogue XD Analog Synthesizer
In the leadup to this year’s NAMM show, Korg has announced the Minilogue XD polyphonic analog synthesizer, a successor to the original Minilogue that brings new features including microtuning, increased digital effects, two CV IN jacks and more.
Minilogue XD Specifications
- Keyboard: 37-keys (Slim-key, velocity sensitive)
- Sound Generation: Analogue sound generator + Multi digital sound generator (Noise, VPM, User)
- Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- 500 voices (more than 200 preload, 300 user programs).
- Each program provides a program sort function that includes voice mode settings.
- Favorite function built in.
- Voice Mode:
- 4 (POLY, UNISON, CHORD, ARP / LATCH).
- The VOICE MODE DEPTH setting allows different parameters to be varied for each mode.
- 16-step polyphonic sequencer
- Motion sequence can be used on up to four parameters
- Main Synthesis Parameters:
- VCO1: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), OCTAVE, PITCH, SHAPE
- VCO2: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), OCTAVE, PITCH, SHAPE
- MODULATION: SYNC, RING, CROSS MOD DEPTH
- MULTI ENGINE: NOISE/VPM/USER, TYPE、SHAPE
- MIXER: VCO1, VCO2, MULTI
- VCF: CUTOFF, RESONANCE, DRIVE, KEYTRACK
- AMP EG: ATTACK, DECAY, SUSTAIN, RELEASE
- EG: ATTACK, DECAY, EG INT, TARGET (PITCH, PITCH2, CUTOFF)
- LFO: WAVE (SAW, TRIANGLE, SQUARE), MODE（BPM, NORMAL, 1-SHOT), RATE, INT, TARGET (PITCH, SHAPE, CUTOFF)
Pricing and Availability
The Korg Minilogue XD is to be priced at $649.99 and will become available for purchase in late winter 2019. You can visit the Korg website to learn more.