NAMM 2018: Universal Audio Introduces OX Amp Top Box
Universal Audio has introduced the OX Amp Top Box, a premium reactive load box and guitar recording system that gives guitarists perfectly studio-miked amp sounds from their existing tube amp.
OX lets users play and record tube amps in their ideal sweet spots — from the edge-of-breakup to fully cranked — with perfect dynamics at any volume level, and with stunning mic, room, and speaker cabinet emulations at the turn of a knob.
OX Amp Top Box — Key Features:
- Premium, no-compromise analog reactive load box and guitar recording system for tube guitar amps
- Instant album-quality mic and speaker cabinet tones via front-panel “RIG” control
- No amp miking experience needed — get record-ready sounds quickly with expertly-placed mics
- Five finely-tuned guitar amp attenuation levels — from off to whisper quiet to full band volume
- UA Dynamic Speaker Modeling emulates speaker breakup and cone cry
- World-class Universal Audio EQ, compression, delay, and reverb effects built-in
- Selectable 4, 8, and 16-ohm operation
- Front-panel Headphone out for silent practice with cranked tones
- Balanced TRS line outs, and S/PDIF digital outputs for stereo recording
- Pair with OX mobile or desktop app over Wi-Fi for editing and saving presets
The OX Amp Top Box is currently priced $1,299 and you can visit the Universal Audio website to learn more.