EssenceFM Is A 6-Operator FM Synth With 300 Voice Polyphony
Kodamo has introduced EssenceFM, a new “modern high-end synthesizer dedicated to FM synthesis” that includes a 6 operator FM synthesis engine with 300 voice polyphony, alongside unique features like waveform drawing, graphical envelopes, and MPE support.
The video below features the EssenceFM prototype as seen in the SynthFest 2019 festival in France.
- Free algorithm design using drag&drop
- User-editable waveforms (free drawing & wave import)
- 300 voice polyphony (6-op FM voice with filter)
- Up to 128 layered/splitted voices per patch
- Graphical envelopes
- Useable as a rack or table-top module
- 2 integrated effects processors
- Professional sound quality with 32-bit DSPs, 24-bit DAC, >100dB SNR
- Ultra fast boot time (< 3 seconds)
- Upgradable firmware
Pricing and Availability
The EssenceFM will become available in December 2019. While there is no official pricing information currently available, rumor has it that the synthesizer will be priced somewhere between 800 and 1200 Euros. You can visit the Kodamo website to learn more.