Emvoice One Is The "Most Realistic Vocal Synth Ever"
Emvoice One is a new vocal synthesizer, said to be the “most realistic vocal synth ever,” that allows you to type in vocal phrases with a piano roll style editor alongside various parameters for manipulating the voice.
Usually, vocal synthesis requires complex synthesis and modelling algorithms that run on your host computer. The results can be impressive, but this technology has not yet reached a level of realism, and has been stagnating for some time.Emvoice takes a different approach. We’ve broken sung vocals down to the granular level, recording the elements that make up individual phonemes at multiple pitches. Thousands of samples are reconstructed by a sophisticated cloud-based engine that returns the complete vocal to your system over the internet. What you’re hearing when you listen to Emvoice One isn’t artificial – it’s a real singer’s voice interpreting your own words.The Emvoice One plugin makes it easy to program notes and tie words to them, and the Emvoice Engine does the hard work behind the scenes to recombine phonemes… but there’s one more layer to how Emvoice works. The dictionary translates English-language words into phonemes to more easily speak to the Engine, and also offers multiple pronunciation options for some words, as well as the ability to add your own. Of course, you can skip the middle man and directly type English phonemes into Emvoice One’s text boxes, should you wish.
- Deeply Sampled Human Vocal Performances – no synthesis or physical modelling.
- DAW-style piano roll note editor – just type words for instant sung vocals.
- Cloud-based engine recombines thousands of samples as you work.
- Lucy’s vocal range is two and a half octaves (E2 – A4).
- Program realistic glissando and vibrato patterns.
- Breath sounds are generated to work realistically around programmed notes.
- Choose from pronunciation options or create your own words from phonemes.
- Export/Import entire project files of lyrics and notes.
- Runs as a VST/AU plugin directly in your DAW (AAX version coming soon).
Pricing and Availability
Emvoice One is offered as a free demo with a 7 note limitation, while the full version (E2 to A4) is available for $199. You can visit the Emvoice website to learn more.