AudioSwift 2 Converts Your Mac Trackpad Into A MIDI Controller
Audioswift 2 has been released, a successor to the original application that turns a Mac Trackpad into a MIDI controller with various controller modes including: Slider, XY, Mixer, Trigger and Scale.
- Divide the trackpad in 1 to 4 virtual sliders and send CC or Pitch Bend MIDI messages. Add expressiveness to virtual instruments or automate plugins parameters easily with a trackpad. Edit photos faster in Lightroom.
- Use your trackpad as an XY pad to control several parameters at the same time, using one, two and three fingers configurations. A great MIDI tool for mobile producers and sound designers.
- Control one or two faders at the same time using simple touches. Move the panning, set the send’s levels, use your trackpad as a jog wheel, and write automation in a quick and easy way. It’s currently supported in Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Reaper, Cubase and Studio One.
- Make quick beats using your trackpad as trigger pads. Play audio clips by tapping your fingers. Up to three fingers can be used at the same time.
- Choose a tonic note and then select a scale. Slide your fingers from left to right to play notes in the selected key. Apply pressure to the trackpad and it will send aftertouch MIDI messages. (Aftertouch requires a trackpad with Force Touch).
What’s new in AudioSwift 2:
- New Slider Mode with 12 configurable virtual sliders.
- New XY Mode design with 5 views and 30 configurable controllers.
- It now works with Adobe Lightroom using a third party open source plugin.
- Adds Pitch Bend with relative center position (0 pitch bend).
- Adds new Regular Format for CC messages.
- Adds default CC values and automatic return to default after a finger is released.
- Adds labels for Slider and XY modes.
- AudioSwift’s console can now be turned on temporarily with a tap plus the shift key.
- When working with two trackpads or a trackpad with a mouse, AudioSwift can now be turned on automatically by just touching the trackpad’s surface.
AudioSwift 2, compatible with macOS 10.11 or higher, is currently priced at $24 USD and you can visit the Audioswift website to learn more about the update.