Apple Updates Logic Pro X To 10.4.5
Apple has updated Logic Pro X to 10.4.5, an update that, in addition to its many new features and improvements to the DAW, seizes full advantage of their new Mac Pro by supporting up to 56 processing threads, allowing resource-heavy projects to work seamlessly.
New Features and Improvements in Logic Pro X 10.4.5
- Optimizes performance for Mac Pro including support for up to 56 cores
- New project setting “Only load plug-ins needed for project playback” reduces load times for large templates.
- Increased Number of Tracks and Channels, up to:
- 1000 stereo audio channel strips
- 1000 software instrument channel strips
- 1000 auxiliary channel strips
- 1000 external MIDI tracks
- 12 sends per channel strip
- All-new DeEsser 2 plug-in provides more options to reduce sibilance on audio tracks.
- The Expander plug-in now offers a redesigned retina interface.
- Send MIDI clock, MTC, and MMC from Logic to up to 16 ports, each with unique settings like timing offset and plug-in delay compensation.
- User defaults can now be set up for the Mixer configuration.
- The Loop Browser can filter by loop type and allows drag-and-drop of multiple loops into your project simultaneously.
- The Recording section of Project Settings offers a new option “Auto-erase Duplicates”, which removes duplicate MIDI notes at same playback position when merge recording MIDI in cycle mode.
- Pressing Option + Shift while rubber-band selecting in the Piano Roll now creates a new time Handles selection.
- Option-clicking the On/Off button for a track now loads/unloads the plug-ins on the channel strip.
- Freezing a track now unloads its plug-ins to free up resources.
- The stand-alone System Performance window is now resizable.
- There is now a preference to display an overlay showing position when scrolling horizontally along the timeline and track number when scrolling vertically in the track list.
- Shift-double-clicking the background of the Tracks area now starts playback from the clicked position.
- Use the new Pressed filter button in the Key Commands window to see if a key combination already has a command assigned to it.
Additional New Features Include:
- The loop browser can filter by loop type and allows drag and drop of multiple loops into your project simultaneously.
- The redesigned DeEsser 2 plug-in provides more options to reduce sibilance on audio tracks.
- MIDI beat clocks can be sent to individual ports, each with unique settings like timing offset and plug-in delay compensation.
Pricing and Availability
Logic Pro X 10.4.5 is available today as a free update for all existing users, and is available on the Mac App Store for $199.99 (US) for new customers. For more information, visit apple.com/logic-pro.