Aftertouch for iOS Provides Expressive, 3D Touch
In this video, we catch a demo of Aftertouch for iOS, an app that transforms the iPhone into a 3D Touch MIDI controller, taking advantage of both pressure sensitivity and velocity capabilities.
- Configurable grid dimensions and musical intervals between rows and columns
- Configurable note display format (MIDI note number, musical pitch, or a combination of both)
- Easy-access transposition buttons to move the grid by a semitone or an octave
- Selectable MIDI output: choose between virtual MIDI destinations (other apps), hardware USB MIDI connections (via the Camera Connection Kit), or Bluetooth MIDI devices
- Selectable MIDI Channel, or MPE (Multi-dimensional Polyphonic Expression)
- Configurable CC outputs for X, Y, and Z axis finger movement (with support for Pitch Bend in the X axis, and Channel or Polyphonic pressure in the Z axis)
One of the app’s features that we find most useful is its Z axis integration, or pressure sensitivity. With this kind of functionality, MIDI performance can sound much more expressive and real.
Grab Aftertouch For iOS at $2.99 USD.