Ableton Releases Creative Extensions For Live 10 Suite
Ableton has released Creative Extensions, a new pack for Ableton Live 10 Suite that offers eight new tools that extend Live’s sound design capabilities and compositional aids.
The Creative Extensions include:
- Melodic Steps – a fast and intuitive MIDI sequencer for shifting, polyrhythmic melodies with an interface designed to encourage experimentation and new discoveries through play.
- Bass – a monophonic virtual analog synthesizer for bass sounds from classically deep and clean to heavily distorted, rumbling tones.
- Poli – a virtual analog synth for classic polyphonic textures. Its vintage character comes from de-tunable oscillators, a powerful modulation section, built-in chorus and more.
- Pitch Hack – a multi-purpose pitch effect for creative sound mangling. Reverse audio, randomize the transposition interval and fold the delayed signal back into itself.
- Gated Delay – a sequenced delay for rhythmic effects. Reverse and add variation or turn your sound into something completely new.
- Color Limiter – another flavor of limiting inspired by the gritty sounds of hardware limiters. Great for adding pressure and intensity to breaks and beats, and for putting a vintage stamp on any sound.
- Re-Enveloper – a multiband envelope processor to highlight the details you want in a track and reduce the ones you don’t. Cleanup, carve and compress transients to fit your mix or completely destroy the original character of a sound.
- Spectral Blur – a reverb-like texturalizer that adds an ethereal spectral wash to any sound. Use it to create odd sounding Rooms, or infinite, distant spaces.
Creative Extensions are now included in Ableton Live 10 Suite. Users who already own Live 10 Suite or own Live 10 Standard and Max for Live can download the devices directly in the Live 10 browser or from their account at Ableton.com.