Ableton Introduces Live 10.1 CV Tools
Ableton has introduced Live 10.1 CV Tools, an update (currently in beta) that will bring 10 new Max for Live tools for controlling your CV/modular synth gear with Live. Functionality in CV Tools includes controlling your modular with MIDI from Live, MIDI clock, CV In, and much more.
- CV Instrument: Control your modular with MIDI. Features flexible modulation and voicing options, as well as cent-accurate tuning of your oscillators.
- CV triggers: Sequence your modular drum modules from inside Live.
- CV Utility: Control your modular with automation curves from Live. Add, multiply and shift control signals together and process control voltages like audio.
- CV Clock In: Control Live’s tempo from your Eurorack system.
- CV Clock Out: Send CV clock out to your modular and sync it to Live.
- CV In: Use your modular to modulate parameters in Live.
- CV Shaper: Create flexible CV shapes in Live then send them to your modular rig.
- CV Envelope Follower: Control your modular with audio signals from inside Live.
- CV LFO: Instantly add more LFOs to your modular system.
- Rotating Rhythm Generator: Create organic rhythms and experiment with modular-style beat and polyrhythm generation. This device also sends MIDI so you can use it with Drum Racks or other external equipment with a MIDI input.
Pricing and Availability
Live 10.1 CV Tools, currently available for beta testing, will be free for Live 10 Suite owners, or those who own Live 10 Standard plus Max for Live. You can visit the Ableton website to learn more.