The world of modulars has been more and more active since the democratisation of the eurorack format.
Many creations more crazy one after the other has seen the light of the day and it one could spend a complete lifetime to try all those exotic modules.
But if not all modules are of a big interest (some are pretty basic but needed stuff), a few manufacturers of eurorack modules manage to make amazing things for modular setup based music producers.
Macro Machines is one of those manufacturers who manage to keep us very curious about what’s coming next…
Their Omnimod module is highly awaited by the modular community. Let’s have a look at what it is exactly.
“Macro Machines presents an incredibly versatile new addition in the world of eurorack modules. The Omnimod will make a powerful new ally in your adventures through the universe of sound. Omni means all, and mod stands for modulation of control voltage.
Create unique new combinations of envelopes, LFOs and step sequences quickly and easily with the simple and intuitive waveform design interface. Centered around a crisp, high contrast OLED screen, the Omnimod provides vivid visual feedback for precise editing, as well as a scope mode to aid in configuring the inputs. This allows for deep, yet intuitive control over complex modulation sequencing. Endless possibilities become child’s play.
Once you have sculpted the perfect waveforms, you can store them for later, and recall them at any time in the future. You can also use the Macro Machines Storage Strip to allow multiple modules on the same power bus line to store and recall their settings at the same time, creating something never before possible in eurorack, instantaneous system wide storage and recall of entirely different configurations.”
The Omnimod features:
– 4 powerful channels of LFOs, Step Sequencing, Envelope Generation and Envelope Following, in limitless combinations.
– user friendly interface with intuitive visual feedback.
– an oscilloscope mode to visualize input signals: fine tune the extraction of triggers, select different modes, and smooth or scale envelope following.
– full storage and recall of all parameters automagically before power cycling.
– user definable waves for reusing complex individual channel settings.
– 64 storable, recallable, sequence-able, and randomize-able presets.
– only 14HP wide, packs loads of useful possibilities in a small space.
More informations :