Sleek, Streamlined, Supercharged Virtual Synth
Hive is quick and uncomplicated, without sacrificing flexibility or audio quality. Now packed with more controls than ever, version 2 opens up new dimensions of expression… and sheer fun!
Hive 2: Sleek, Streamlined, Supercharged
With its effortless workflow and low CPU usage, you can create stunning patches in next to no time at all. Hive is quick and uncomplicated, without sacrificing flexibility or audio quality. Now packed with more controls than ever, version 2 opens up new dimensions of expression… and sheer fun!
Hive 2 in the Spotlight…
- Low CPU usage, 3 different synth engines
- 2 oscillators with wavetable option, 16x unison and tunable sub-oscillators
- Drag & drop modulation assignment
- 12×2 modulation matrix slots with modifiers for curvature, rectification, quantization, sample & hold, slew rate
- 4 user-definable XY control pads
- Arpeggiator, step sequencer with realtime recording
- Unique 8-step shape sequencer with 4 independent outputs
- 2 function generators can serve as extra envelopes, gate generators, LFOs, slew limiters
- 7 rearrangeable effects: distortion, chorus, delay, phaser, EQ, reverb, compressor
- Panel presets for each oscillator, filter, matrix slot, etc., with copy, load and save options
- Solo buttons allow auditioning individual oscillator or filter signals
- Scope to view the audio output or any modulation signal, with freeze option and zoom controls
- Microtuning support (.tun files)
- 2000+ NKS-ready factory presets by some of our favourite sound designers
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
Underneath its sleek exterior, Hive 2 lets you go as deep as you like.
Add movement and life using the shape sequencer, or instantly record, rotate and arpeggiate note sequences. The 12-slot matrix even lets you modulate effect parameters, encouraging you to explore a whole new world of creative options.
With its swappable audio engine, flexible signal routing, wavetable support and quality effects, Hive 2 makes sure you can get the sound you want with a minimum of fuss.
- Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- Windows 7 or newer
- 1GB RAM, more recommended
- 50MB free disk space
- 1000 × 600 or larger display
- Modern CPU (Sandy Bridge or newer recommended)
- Host software
- Hive 2 is not a standalone product, it requires host software. Hive 2 is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
- Available as Audio Units (AU), VST2, VST3, AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later) NKS, plug-ins with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.